Post a picture of your Headphone Rig.
Sep 8, 2002 at 6:42 PM Post #61 of 1,639
Hirsch: you're going to let those stacks of novels compete for space with thousands of dollars of top audio gear?? If those R10's ever fall to the floor because of a cord tug or W2002's take a dive after being knocked by a book I'm going to sue you for failure to keep books in closet
smily_headphones1.gif

Wonderful stuff you have there. You could use that shelf space quite nicely for Lift CD racks. Thats what I use. I think it would fit perfect.

Sep 8, 2002 at 6:57 PM Post #63 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
Hirsch,
How do you decide which to listen to?

That's easy--whichever one he's currently convinced can be driven into perfection by EQ-tuberolling and cable impedance matching. Whatever you think of tweakers, you can never doubt that Hirsch gets into his hobby.

Sep 8, 2002 at 7:33 PM Post #64 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly

That's easy--whichever one he's currently convinced can be driven into perfection by EQ-tuberolling and cable impedance matching.

Heh. If it can be driven into perfection, it's not my primary system for listening. That's the one that's already there....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 9, 2002 at 5:42 AM Post #65 of 1,639
here's a pic of my headphone and room setup.. its in its usual disarray.
cool.gif

DSC00071.jpg

I like M Rael's setup the best! Where do you get those CD holders that's always found at CD stores. I cant found it anywhere
frown.gif

Sep 9, 2002 at 4:00 PM Post #66 of 1,639
timschirmer, I have to be honest - the system looks great but it sound like crap.

When I want to hear music I pull the HD600 out and plug into the Melos. The two amps you see on top of the stack are Welborne Labs Laurel IIX SET 300B units, and they should be superb but they distort terribly. I've built a lot of stuff and used to think I was a decent builder and I just don't know what's wrong. Any day now some custom 120 ohm output transformers are going to arrive to stop the 300Bs from being loaded up too much with the K1000 but even then I suspect I still have bugs to iron out. Lots of people have built these units and all seem happy - can't be a design fault. I've chatted to Ron Welborne and we've swapped voltage measurements here and there, and nothing looks wrong. Both units sound the same - can't be a single bad component.

It's a slim possibility but maybe I cooked a sensitive component while soldering - in both amps. Maybe a bad batch of capacitors was made. Ahead of me is the boring and probably frustrating task of disassembling everything and re-doing it carefully, then maybe swapping each component out to try and find what is wrong. Two days work, minimum. I should have bought the Bryston 4B-ST I was thinking about. At least the $399 Paramour kits will be here in a couple of weeks and they shouldn't take long to finish. But my confidence is shaken. Sigh....

Sep 10, 2002 at 12:31 AM Post #68 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
I like M Rael's setup the best! Where do you get those CD holders that's always found at CD stores. I cant found it anywhere
frown.gif

They are made by Lift. I've had for a long long time and I havent seen them in stores for quite a while; they might have gone out of business for all I know. The racks are solid aluminum and allow you to finger-walk through all the CD's and lets you show off the cover art too. Talkin' bout showin things off, check out the cleavage on the divinyls singer!

rack.jpg

Sep 10, 2002 at 3:23 AM Post #69 of 1,639
I just love my webcam. Stupid Intel is charging for their XP software, can't even take a decent snapshot!

Anyways, here is my setup.

setup.jpg

Sep 10, 2002 at 4:54 AM Post #70 of 1,639
fd49f563.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...b/fd49f563.jpg

Here my current set up:
Creek 5350SE Integrated Amp
Sony SDC-1 SACD/CD player
AKG K-1000 Headphone
Sound Dynamics RTS-3 speakers / Kimber 4TC cables
AMC 100 watt subwoofer

The Sony VCR and DVD players on the bottom...the DVD player is also hooked up to the 5350SE via DeMarzio ICs

Now days i usually i run my system with my RTS-3 speakers off to either side of the system only using the K-1000 if i listen late at night.

Sep 10, 2002 at 5:24 AM Post #71 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by M Rael

They are made by Lift. I've had for a long long time and I havent seen them in stores for quite a while; they might have gone out of business for all I know. The racks are solid aluminum and allow you to finger-walk through all the CD's and lets you show off the cover art too. Talkin' bout showin things off, check out the cleavage on the divinyls singer!

rack.jpg

hey thanks! http://www.liftonline.com/

I love finger walking through the CDs, it shows off the covers and looks damn good too. They do take more room (area wise) but definitely a lot cooler and a quick way to check out Christina's cleavages. very cool.

ahh.. its another one of those impossible products to track from Australia!
mad.gif

Sep 10, 2002 at 5:28 AM Post #72 of 1,639
squirt,
Don't direct link pics to imagestation. They don't show up.

Post a link and instruct prople to drag the link to their address bar. Either that, or use another host.
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2002 at 5:46 AM Post #73 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster

hey thanks! http://www.liftonline.com/

I love finger walking through the CDs, it shows off the covers and looks damn good too. They do take more room (area wise) but definitely a lot cooler and a quick way to check out Christina's cleavages. very cool.

ahh.. its another one of those impossible products to track from Australia!
mad.gif

Chrissy's cleavage should be very easy to track down in Australia
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back