Originally Posted by astrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perfectly!!!
It is possible to make a macrophoto?
P.S
wink.gif
Bottles do not ring?
wink.gif

Sir yes sir!
Nope, the bottles don't ring. There's a bunch more above my couch (the listening position).
smily_headphones1.gif

The Aurum Cantus:
1.jpg

With the TangBand W4-655A based horn:
2.jpg

The left:
3.jpg

Project 2.9 Wood with Speedbox and Phonobox MKII:
4.jpg

Denon DL-110:
4_2.jpg

Vincent CD-S6:
5.jpg

Pass Labs Aleph M (Clone):
6.jpg

K1000 Selektor. AKG themselves are not sure what it's called -- on the unit it's named Selector but on the manual it states Selektor:
7.jpg

AVM V3 preamp. Great sounding unit that I'll soon be receiving the Service Manual of (as it needs some fixing on some inputs).
8.jpg

k1000smile.gif

9.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyorange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
digitalmind, I've seen several pics of your room in various threads and I must say that something about it's shape and arrangement appeals to me. I've always wanted a room with a sloped roof and brick lining. It's not too often you find apartments with sloped roofs in Manhattan.

Btw I think I have your old EC-01. It's found a good home
smily_headphones1.gif

Wanna swap for a month? NY is just über cool, you just don't realize it.
cool.gif

Cool to know that you have it. Quite a trip that amp has already made:
Russia > Eddie Current > Florida > The Netherlands > California > New York. That baby has seen some miles! Crossed the atlantic twice. Great sounding powerful beast it is.

May 16, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #1,037 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Digitalmind I wish so much I could furniture shift my room so that I could have the distance between me and my speakers that you have.

I don't REALLY need a bed do I?

How are you loving the double speaker setup?

I moved my bed up a floor, which is a cramped 2m x 2m with slanted walls. Barely large enough to fit the bed, but it just works.

Duggeh, you are much too cool for a bed. Just plop those silly looking (though awesome sounding!) Jecklins on your head and any couch will be suited for sleeping on, drifting away in the awesome tunes of Mike Oldfield. I really was blown away by the dynamic Jecklins when I heard them -- I want a pair!

"And finally, the Tubular Bells."

I'm really liking the dual speaker set up. The small horns are great for acoustic guitar and piano's, but do lack bass. Once I get a decent switchbox, I'll be able to locate them on my desk. Switching cables is a female dog.
wink.gif

May 16, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #1,040 of 1,639
digitalmind, those are some of the nicest speakers I've ever seen regardless of price. They're really quite damn elegant and IMO even nicer-looking than the already gorgeous Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors. I've got a thing for dark piano glossy wood. I'm 19 too and I wish I had as much disposable cash as you do
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #1,041 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
digitalmind, those are some of the nicest speakers I've ever seen regardless of price. They're really quite damn elegant and IMO even nicer-looking than the already gorgeous Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors. I've got a thing for dark piano glossy wood. I'm 19 too and I wish I had as much disposable cash as you do
biggrin.gif

While very nice looking, they don't come near the Sonus Fabers! Those are the mother of all sexy.

You have an HE60, Esoteric source, and JMLab Utopia's.... don't talk to me about disposable cash like you don't have enough. And trtust me, I'm all out of disposable cash at the moment. Head-fi was the cause of that....
evil_smiley.gif

Wait, you're 19? Don't kill me for it, but I always pictured you as a distinguished older man with a great hifi history. Well, the hifi history you do have.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #1,042 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Aurum Cantus:
1.jpg

Wauw, That looks slick, Rik! Are you bringing these speakers to the meet as well????

May 16, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #1,043 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wauw, That looks slick, Rik! Are you bringing these speakers to the meet as well????

If you want, and if there's a place where we can play them without disturbing the headphone users.

They will have to be run from the same amp as the K1000 though, but if we want to give up some time with those in favor of the speakers, fine with me. They are, after all, the reason why I'm getting rid of the K1000 this summer...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #1,044 of 1,639
Quote:

If you want, and if there's a place where we can play them without disturbing the headphone users.

They will have to be run from the same amp as the K1000 though, but if we want to give up some time with those in favor of the speakers, fine with me. They are, after all, the reason why I'm getting rid of the K1000 this summer...
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a basement...so that could work I guess. Don't know if it is much of an effort to bring them along for you though..

May 16, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #1,045 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a basement...so that could work I guess. Don't know if it is much of an effort to bring them along for you though..

Not at all -- so long as I can borrow my dad's car. I'm thinking that my hatchback Astra will have some trouble fitting it all, as the turntable and cd player alone already take up quite a bit of space.

I need to do some wiring management anyways, so removing it all for a day is actually a good idea.
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #1,046 of 1,639
Quote:

I need to do some wiring management anyways, so removing it all for a day is actually a good idea.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #1,047 of 1,639
Quote:

While very nice looking, they don't come near the Sonus Fabers! Those are the mother of all sexy.

You have an HE60, Esoteric source, and JMLab Utopia's.... don't talk to me about disposable cash like you don't have enough. And trtust me, I'm all out of disposable cash at the moment. Head-fi was the cause of that....
evil_smiley.gif

Wait, you're 19? Don't kill me for it, but I always pictured you as a distinguished older man with a great hifi history. Well, the hifi history you do have.
smily_headphones1.gif

Everything paid for by my parents
redface.gif
I feel guilty once in a while because of that. I live with my parents when I go back home (to Hong Kong from university here in the UK) so I was given the job to choose the components for the stereo system. Ended up with the Esoteric/Chord/JMLab combo because it sounded the best out of the systems I tried (great fun, but took best part of a year to finalise). Pretty damn fun and it hurts to know that neither of my parents listen to it enough to justify having it. I'm looking forward to going back because I get to try the Baby O on a proper source for once, but I'm afraid the Stax amp might be too much of a hassle to transport around
frown.gif

May 16, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #1,048 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everything paid for by my parents
redface.gif
I feel guilty once in a while because of that. I live with my parents when I go back home (to Hong Kong from university here in the UK) so I was given the job to choose the components for the stereo system. Ended up with the Esoteric/Chord/JMLab combo because it sounded the best out of the systems I tried. Pretty damn fun and it hurts to know that neither of my parents listen to it enough to justify having it. I'm looking forward to going back because I get to try the Baby O on a proper source for once, but I'm afraid the Stax amp might be too much of a hassle to transport around
frown.gif

Nothing wrong with living with parents, doing the same. Cheap roof over the head.
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't worry that that system is not yours -- you get to enjoy it though, great stuff! I'm slowly getting my dad interested in this hobby, he's a huge music fan though doesn't have much free time to enjoy an all out rig. Which is a lame excuse, if he'd stop spending every evening in the garage making guitars, he'd have plenty of time.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back