Post a pic of your headphones (280)
Aug 23, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont know what you guys expect build quality wise at that price range but theres no way those look like that after two years of even wreckless abuse. I would literally have to try and massacre these poor headphones to get them looknig like that so quickly. Do you have a dog? Perhaps a smart dog that puts things back where he found them after destroying them??

hmmmmm???

My headband looks like that after 2 years of almost no use. The plastic is very brittle. One drop was all it took for one side to break and once it did it was a rapid progression. Now it seams that every 3rd or 4th time I pick it up, I leave behind a little piece of plastic. And I don't have a dog
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well uh thanks for the insight.

tongue.gif

On the glass half-full side, I appreciate the brutally graphic candor of the OP and subsequent posters in this thread. Oy - even the thing felt pads on my Sony MDR-101 cheapies are in better shape than, well, almost everything pictured here.

- wader

Aug 23, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #33 of 41
Hey man, I think they have 'character'.

If you like the way they sound, and they don't completely fall apart while you are using them, then I personally don't see a problem. Keep on truckin' man.

When (if) your Sennheisers eventually die, you might be a good candidate for a decent pair of KOSS headphones. They have a 'no questions asked' replacement policy on just about all of their headphones. You just mail in the broken or beat up pair with a check for $6 and they mail you a brand new pair! Their warranty is one of the best in the business.

Aug 23, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #34 of 41
The plastic that breaks off the headband is purely cosmetic. At least what broke off mine. The ear pads are another story. As more and more of the open cell foam gets exposed to the drivers, there's a good chance you'll loose bass.

Aug 23, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #35 of 41
If you ever see how people treat MDR-V6/7506s in studios, and then see how they look afterwards, you'll be amazed. If you know you're just going to thrash your headphones (the way many on here look), they're definitely the ones to get.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you ever see how people treat MDR-V6/7506s in studios, and then see how they look afterwards, you'll be amazed. If you know you're just going to thrash your headphones (the way many on here look), they're definitely the ones to get.

That's why I don't understand the HD280 Pro. They're supposed to be studio cans, but obviously aren't up to it.

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont know what you guys expect build quality wise at that price range but theres no way those look like that after two years of even wreckless abuse. I would literally have to try and massacre these poor headphones to get them looknig like that so quickly. Do you have a dog? Perhaps a smart dog that puts things back where he found them after destroying them??

hmmmmm???

No, no I do not have a dog.

And yes, the plastic breaking off of the headband is 100% cosmetic.

btw, this is my second pair of HD280s, my first pair had a buzzing sound in the left ear cup. Maybe it was because i connected them to my speakers' headphone jack and turned the volume on my OS and speakers as high as they could go?
basshead.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey man, I think they have 'character'.

If you like the way they sound, and they don't completely fall apart while you are using them, then I personally don't see a problem. Keep on truckin' man.

When (if) your Sennheisers eventually die, you might be a good candidate for a decent pair of KOSS headphones. They have a 'no questions asked' replacement policy on just about all of their headphones. You just mail in the broken or beat up pair with a check for $6 and they mail you a brand new pair! Their warranty is one of the best in the business.

Once my Senns die I will probably go for sa5k or maybe the Denon d2000's..we'll see

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #40 of 41
I am a gamer so i use my headphones for longer periods of time than do other people. It isnt that i dont take care of them, its the fact that they just fall apart on their own. BTW i take great care of my items.

Aug 24, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #41 of 41
damn, whatever happened to them!! but hey, as long as it sounds good.
smily_headphones1.gif
don't show it to others though
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back