Post a pic of your headphones (280)
Aug 21, 2007 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Mjackson_Forever

New Head-Fier
IMG_1783-1.jpg

IMG_1782-1.jpg

been using em for 2 years now. Work Perfectly but look like crap. Think sennheiser will let me get a new pair if I ship it out? I have no receipt or anything btw

Aug 21, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 41
LMAO!!!! Yep. Its been with me for 2 years. It just slowly started to break LOL!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by supakij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG!.... Did you use them during the World WAR II....

sorry if it not joking...

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #6 of 41
Youre not supposed to swat flies with them!!!
I have a pair of Fostex RP-T20's that are like 23 years old that are in good condition, and for many many years it was my only pair of home stereo headphones and i used them all the time at night to listen without waking everyone.
Yours are only 2 years old!
blink.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #7 of 41
Hahaha, mine are falling apart too.
I had to put electrical tape on one side, and on the other all the cover plastic is gone, just the metal band and the plastic underneath is left. I cut out the inside foam pads too. Long live the HD280s!
280smile.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 12:17 PM Post #8 of 41
Hmmm, maybe it's because I've only had mine for 6 months, but they're tossed in my backpack all the time (albeit folded properly), and they're still in absolutely mint condition. Not a mark.

I do have a small head though.

No photo, they're at work ATM, but you all know what a brand new-ish pair looks like.

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Youre not supposed to swat flies with them!!!
I have a pair of Fostex RP-T20's that are like 23 years old that are in good condition, and for many many years it was my only pair of home stereo headphones and i used them all the time at night to listen without waking everyone.
Yours are only 2 years old!
blink.gif

HD 280s are fragile, especially the the plastic covering of the headband. It's ironic considering they're aimed at professional monitoring, like the Fostex were. The Fostex are a lot more rugged.

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #10 of 41
I had an old pair of Koss headphones (nice medium-big cans, circumaural) that were my absolute favorite in the world. But eventually, after like 3-4 years, they started breaking down. The leather-ette stuff on the earcups started shredding and flaking.. the plastic holders (for lack of a better word) of the size adjusters completely broke off (duct taped back on).. Just started falling apart.

This is actually what sent me on my headphone journey.. Being used to such relatively good sound (Koss has a pretty good rep, especially with their phenominal KSC 75), I found many other cans lacking. Couple years later, after getting my Senn HD 202s (not nearly as good, but better than many), here I am.

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #13 of 41
Heh. I've had my HD212s for around 2 years now, and used them for 1 and a half - The paint has started to flake, and the leatherette is wearing thin, but mechanically it's completely in tact.

Aug 21, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #15 of 41
Gads; I've had my MS-1 for about a year and a half, and the kids(6 thru 12)have had control of them for a big chunk of that time and other than blue paint in the pretty yellow pads and some electrical tape where they got caught in the swivel chair and ripped out some insulation, they still look almost new!

And still sound new too! Tough little buggers! Yeah; and the kids too!
very_evil_smiley.gif

.....my HD600 still look new too.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back