Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Apr 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #1,636 of 5,379

Table is an older Kenwood with an Audio Technica 8008 cart. Great sound.

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,638 of 5,379
Quote:
And that is an awesome copy of Siamese Dream right there. Jealous here.

Why thank you! I got it four years ago or so at a record store. Need to clean it up, just ordered a brush, lots of background noise, though. I have all their vinyls now, the only one missing was MCIS, but I bought the reissue. Made my wallet quite light, though. LOL.

Can't you still buy the original pressing of it?

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #1,639 of 5,379
You can, but the recent reissues aren't bad. Hunting down originals of 90s vinyl can get pretty rough...and you roll the dice on stuff that was really low volume like that.

Quote:

Why thank you! I got it four years ago or so at a record store. Need to clean it up, just ordered a brush, lots of background noise, though. I have all their vinyls now, the only one missing was MCIS, but I bought the reissue. Made my wallet quite light, though. LOL.

Can't you still buy the original pressing of it?

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #1,640 of 5,379
Quote:
You can, but the recent reissues aren't bad. Hunting down originals of 90s vinyl can get pretty rough...and you roll the dice on stuff that was really low volume like that.

Well, the reissue of MCIS is complete trash. Wasted money on it. But yeah, you're probably right. It actually sounds really good, the mids on that album come through with plenty of ferocity.

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #1,641 of 5,379
MCIS is a very unfortunate screw up, but the rest are good.

90s vinyl is just one of those things that you better hope it gets reissued or you're in for a gigantic hole in your wallet.

I'm super excited for the Blind Melon reissue coming out for RSD tomorrow. Never thought I'd own a copy.

Quote:

Well, the reissue of MCIS is complete trash. Wasted money on it. But yeah, you're probably right. It actually sounds really good, the mids on that album come through with plenty of ferocity.

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #1,642 of 5,379
I own the Siamese Dream reissue, and they did a really good job at the remaster, at least for my non-trained ears. I plan on getting all the reissues, since the original pressings are impossible to find where i live. I saw one Mellon Collie that was going for almost $700.

Didn't knew about the Blind Melon reissue, i totally need to get this!

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #1,643 of 5,379
Having both a reissued Siamese Dream and an original, I prefer the original as I find it a bit more raw and in your face and blood pumping. They cleaned up all the low end grungey distortion stuff and in doing so it seems to have lost some of that drive. I noticed it instantly.

I also have an original Blind Melon and I'm VERY happy to hear it's being reissued. The original was pressed at Masterdisk. BM is a top five band for me.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #1,644 of 5,379
Having both a reissued Siamese Dream and an original, I prefer the original as I find it a bit more raw and in your face and blood pumping. They cleaned up all the low end grungey distortion stuff and in doing so it seems to have lost some of that drive. I noticed it instantly.

I also have an original Blind Melon and I'm VERY happy to hear it's being reissued. The original was pressed at Masterdisk. BM is a top five band for me.

The new reissue is also coming ith the Sipping Time EP.

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #1,645 of 5,379
I saw that.  And I see a Mad Season reissue!  I just got their CD/DVD reiusse today and couldn't be happier to see it come out on vinyl to match my originals of them, too.

So, I called a local record shop.  They're gonna open two hours early, but people still line up two hours before that!  At 7 am!  And he only got three copies of Blind Melon!  Crap!  And it's an RSD exclusive, so I only get this one chance.  The Mad Season isn't an exclusive, so at least I got that going for me.

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #1,646 of 5,379
Ours is 10am and I'll be there at 8:30. They say that'll be enough time, and they are a fairly large store, so I don't see 3 copies of anything happening.

I will be upset if I don't get what I want though.

Quote:
I saw that.  And I see a Mad Season reissue!  I just got their CD/DVD reiusse today and couldn't be happier to see it come out on vinyl to match my originals of them, too.

So, I called a local record shop.  They're gonna open two hours early, but people still line up two hours before that!  At 7 am!  And he only got three copies of Blind Melon!  Crap!  And it's an RSD exclusive, so I only get this one chance.  The Mad Season isn't an exclusive, so at least I got that going for me.

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #1,647 of 5,379
Speaking of Record Store Day I just tried to run down to my local store to check it out, and ask them what they had in stock for tomorrow, but they closed early due to the fact they are opening early(9am) tomorrow. Ill be lining up around 730-745. Though they did just post a list of all releases they have on their facebook which is super awesome. They have everything i want

1. All That Remains - The Fall of Ideals
  2. Between the Buried and Me - Parallax 1&2
  3. Between the Buried and Me - The Anatomy Of
  4. Dio/Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver
  5. Lamb of God - New American Gospel
  6. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
  7. White Stripes - Elephant

They didnt get the Katatonia 7" for Buildings in though :/

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #1,648 of 5,379
Don't think we're getting the Lamb of God release. Pissed. You should get me one. :D

Quote:
Speaking of Record Store Day I just tried to run down to my local store to check it out, and ask them what they had in stock for tomorrow, but they closed early due to the fact they are opening early(9am) tomorrow. Ill be lining up around 730-745. Though they did just post a list of all releases they have on their facebook which is super awesome. They have everything i want

1. All That Remains - The Fall of Ideals
  2. Between the Buried and Me - Parallax 1&2
  3. Between the Buried and Me - The Anatomy Of
  4. Dio/Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver
  5. Lamb of God - New American Gospel
  6. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
  7. White Stripes - Elephant

They didnt get the Katatonia 7" for Buildings in though :/

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #1,650 of 5,379
Our place is limiting numbers, but go all sob story for me. :D

For that matter...if anyone is at Coachella...How about you pick me up one of those Puscifer V is for Vagina reissues.

Quote:
Ill see what i can do for you. Ive been the first in line both the last two years, so i assume that trend will continue. Though they may only let me take one :p Or may only have one even

Users who are viewing this thread

Back