Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Apr 27, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #512 of 5,354
Thievery Corporation too, another one of my faves. I saw C O at The Roundhouse in Camden a couple of years ago. They were playing The Man with a movie camera in its entirety. Good gig.

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #513 of 5,354
Apr 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #514 of 5,354
Yes to all of the above, and thanks! That's TCO's Live at the Royal Albert Hall in the first pic, and The Mirror Conspiracy in the second. Absolutely fantastic all around. I am on the lookout for The Richest Man in Babylon but all of Thievery Corporation's vinyl releases are out of print, rare, and expensive. I was so happy when I heard they were re-issuing The Cosmic Game on vinyl, untill I found out it was limited to 500 copies and only available at Record Store Day locations.

A limited-edition reissue of an already limited-edition release. Go figure.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #515 of 5,354

Quote:

I don't think I'll ever part with my Technics. She'll probably out live me. Just got the TD-1200 fluid damper. Sibilance on some records is completely gone now. Lower noise floor across the board. HIGHLY recommended to SL-1200 owners.

1200s might not ever be regarded as AUDIOPHILE grade, but man do us audiophiles love this table.  No Fuss, No BS, and built like a freakin' tank.

I regret selling mine.

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #517 of 5,354

Quote:

1200s might not ever be regarded as AUDIOPHILE grade, but man do us audiophiles love this table.  No Fuss, No BS, and built like a freakin' tank.

I regret selling mine.

Absolutely agree. Can't imagine a more reliable table. I love changing VTA with the collar and adjusting anti-skate with a dial. I only wish the stock arm/headshell had azimuth adjustments. An aftermarket headshell will take care of that though. :)

May 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #521 of 5,354
Hey, Greyson. Where'd you get that lamp for your 1200? 

May 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #524 of 5,354
These days, generally true, although it wasn't always so. There were some VERY high end DD decks in the late 70's and early 80's.

To wit: http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-Exclusive_P3.html

The last one of these I saw for sale was $12K, IIRC, but of course like many rare vintage pieces, you're paying for the rarity. Nonetheless, this is a very highly regarded table. I'd love to have one someday.

May 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #525 of 5,354
How about the Nakamichi Computing Turntables. These had a function called "absolute center" which would measure and then correct records that had off-center spindle holes. 90% of all records in your collection will be off to some extent, which accounts for the "swaying" motion as the needle tracks in the groove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5O7ssQB4Y8&feature=related

Users who are viewing this thread

Back