Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Jun 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #4,051 of 5,383
Any other tables out there with similar feet? Any thoughts on how to restore the scratches,this is defo a keeper,after saving it from the crusher!

Restoring the scratches unfortunately will lead you to the abandoned hobby of mine - 
https://www.google.si/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=plastic%20modelling%20forums

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #4,052 of 5,383
Restoring the scratches unfortunately will lead you to the abandoned hobby of mine - 

Same here. :p One hobby that will teach you patience and striving for perfection with a steady hand.

Just try to find some paint in the same colour. Or you will have to redo the whole cabinet.

Jun 7, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #4,053 of 5,383
Playing Alabama Shakes :D

Jun 7, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #4,054 of 5,383

Love the pic.  I guess that's the VPI?

Jun 7, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #4,055 of 5,383
Love the pic.  I guess that's the VPI?

Yup, VPI ScoutMaster, JMW 9 tone arm, Benz LP-S MR LOMC cartridge. The Alabama Shakes album sounds terrific!

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #4,056 of 5,383

Scratches covered up, new AT95E fitted,dust cover polished with Meguiars and cool tunes from '78
beerchug.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #4,057 of 5,383
Great looking/great job!

I see you use a lot of isolation between the TT and the speaker.  A must, to keep the bass out.  Amazing!

Jun 7, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #4,058 of 5,383
LOL. That was the other way to cover up the scratches. I was about to suggest a beautiful colored TMNT band-aid. :p
And good choice of music! David Sylvian still undercover...

Skylab; awesome picture (and TT).

Jun 7, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #4,059 of 5,383
George Merrill modified The AR Turntable with Sumiko Premier MMT tonearm, VTA-16 base, and Premier PIB-1 phono interface box.

[Mods: Merrill acrylic subchassis/tonearm board, upgraded high torque AC motor with Foucault shield, inner platter balanced and lead coated, new spindle, bearings and oil well, new springs. From Merrill/Scillia Research an acrylic platter with a Whitacre copolymer ring available.]

The table is supported by Immedia Finite Elemente/Ceraball isolation feet which sit on a 23 3/4' x 15 3/4' slab of polished Brazilian granite in turn resting on a set of MapleShade IsoBlocks, all on a Target VW1 Pro wall mount turntable shelf.

Denon DL-304 (0.19mV @ 1.2g) & Denon DL-103D (0.28mV @ 1.5g) low output moving coil cartridges in Orsonic AV-1 anti-vibration and Sumiko HS12 headshells; Extremephono stylus cleaner; AuralThrills / VanDenHul D501 cable or PIB-1 w/HomeGrownAudio Super Silvers; 592g SC-101 spindle weight; Disc Doctor and Nagaoka CL-152 vinyl cleaners; Audioquest anti-static brush; Herbie's HAL-O Jr tonearm dampers.

I'm using step up transformers for my low output moving coil cartridges, currently running Cinemag CMQEE-3440As. This also gives me some additional gain over the ~60dB or so the Odyssey Tempest MC stage provides. I find the HomeGrownAudio Super Silvers less veiled but somewhat brighter than the Aural Thrills/VanDenHul phono cable. I also found the Whitacre copolymer ring to take a bit too much of the edge off the treble registers for my liking.

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #4,061 of 5,383
Just in time. Finally got a better camera!

Need to learn how to use it though. Thought I had some better shots.

Nice picture :thumbup:

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #4,064 of 5,383
  George Merrill modified The AR Turntable with Sumiko Premier MMT tonearm, VTA-16 base, and Premier PIB-1 phono interface box.

[Mods: Merrill acrylic subchassis/tonearm board, upgraded high torque AC motor with Foucault shield, inner platter balanced and lead coated, new spindle, bearings and oil well, new springs. From Merrill/Scillia Research an acrylic platter with a Whitacre copolymer ring available.]

The table is supported by Immedia Finite Elemente/Ceraball isolation feet which sit on a 23 3/4' x 15 3/4' slab of polished Brazilian granite in turn resting on a set of MapleShade IsoBlocks, all on a Target VW1 Pro wall mount turntable shelf.

Denon DL-304 (0.19mV @ 1.2g) & Denon DL-103D (0.28mV @ 1.5g) low output moving coil cartridges in Orsonic AV-1 anti-vibration and Sumiko HS12 headshells; Extremephono stylus cleaner; AuralThrills / VanDenHul D501 cable or PIB-1 w/HomeGrownAudio Super Silvers; 592g SC-101 spindle weight; Disc Doctor and Nagaoka CL-152 vinyl cleaners; Audioquest anti-static brush; Herbie's HAL-O Jr tonearm dampers.

I'm using step up transformers for my low output moving coil cartridges, currently running Cinemag CMQEE-3440As. This also gives me some additional gain over the ~60dB or so the Odyssey Tempest MC stage provides. I find the HomeGrownAudio Super Silvers less veiled but somewhat brighter than the Aural Thrills/VanDenHul phono cable. I also found the Whitacre copolymer ring to take a bit too much of the edge off the treble registers for my liking.

Nice and VERY carefully chosen setup - pumping into some Maggies ? 

Jun 8, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #4,065 of 5,383
Just in time. Finally got a better camera!

Need to learn how to use it though. Thought I had some better shots.

Try one of these...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back