Post 1000
Jun 8, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #92 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I actually meant your 1000th post in this particular thread but whatever...now I see how you got your count so high so fast...

Yes, I realised that you mean't the 1000th post in this thread. I kind of slyed away from that as I didn't want to take it seriously.

Jun 8, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #94 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
I'll take Jagwire's post over WellyWu's post any day of the week.

10 points
biggrin.gif

Go jagwire!

Jun 8, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #95 of 209
Wow, you guys have been really mean to Jag. He is only 13 and he did say he has been sick for the last few days didn't he? Sure he's had a lot of pointless posts, but I would guess that not a single person who has posted in this thread has some lame posts, I know I have plenty. Lay off the kid! His heart is into it, and he's only 13! He is very lucky to even have HD600s at that age.

I have noticed your astonishing post rate though Jag as we have been chatting back and forth a bit on some threads. You are somethin else kid. Just don't let that short Canadian summer blow by ya!
wink.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #96 of 209
You have to give it to Jagwire. Is he 13? When I was 13, I couldn't even type! I think when I was 13 I was still pinching money from my dad's wallet and wasted them for arcade games..

This forum is for all ages, so since he is only 13, he is supposed to talk like that.

You old guys are just jealous that he's so young... don't let this people rob your childhood Jag !
icon10.gif

I agree although he posted lots of "empty" posts, but at least he is not annoying. Actually I am guilty for many useless posts as well, and worse of all I'm not that young anymore.
eek.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:28 AM Post #97 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
You have to give it to Jagwire. Is he 13? When I was 13, I couldn't even type! I think when I was 13 I was still pinching money from my dad's wallet and wasted them for arcade games..

This forum is for all ages, so since he is only 13, he is supposed to talk like that.

You old guys are just jealous that he's so young... don't let this people rob your childhood Jag !
icon10.gif

I agree although he posted lots of "empty" posts, but at least he is not annoying. Actually I am guilty for many useless posts as well, and worse of all I'm not that young anymore.
eek.gif

It's as if a storm of bipolar hit the atttitude in this thread. I do have some chat posts, but hey, it's not like I'm killing anything off, most of the important information threads are in the other sections. And yes, I still am somewhat sick. I can't really go outside much, so I'de rather post here then game
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #98 of 209
Jagwire, you mentioned reading electronics books, have you considered getting into DIY audio? Would be a great way to learn electronics that goes way beyond the dry theory of school classes. I'm interested myself but with a 9 month old baby in the house I don't have much spare time these days
tongue.gif

Edit - oops I just noticed you have 'future home built M^3' in your sig.

Jun 8, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #99 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
Jagwire, you mentioned reading electronics books, have you considered getting into DIY audio? Would be a great way to learn electronics that goes way beyond the dry theory of school classes. I'm interested myself but with a 9 month old baby in the house I don't have much spare time these days
tongue.gif

Edit - oops I just noticed you have 'future home built M^3' in your sig.

Yeah, need some soldering practice, I don't think too much knowledge lies in building your own stuff beyond ohms law. When you get into design you'll probably need it. Electrical stuff gets very complex, way beyond what we're talking about here.

Jun 8, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #100 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
This thread has taken so many side roads it is ridiculous. Are we celebrating your 1000th post in this thread yet?
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

We could well be celebrating his 1500th post in this thread, and within a week of when he started it to celebrate his 1000th post! June 3rd = 1000 posts. June 8th = 1279 posts. Can he do it by June 10th?

BTW, that wasn't a challenge, kid...

Jun 8, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #101 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Yeah, need some soldering practice, I don't think too much knowledge lies in building your own stuff beyond ohms law.

I think Tangent or Amb would disagree with you there. I wasn't talking about just stuffing boards with parts...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 6:41 PM Post #102 of 209
Quote:

I think Tangent or Amb would disagree with you there. I wasn't talking about just stuffing boards with parts...
rolleyes.gif

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't understand what your saying. Anybody who is designing PCB'S for amps and anything even remotely near that has years and years of electrical experience // maybe a dergee in electrical engineering. I think imho it's a very large line to cross between building on schematics and designs, and designing your own. Building itself takes some skill.

Jun 8, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #103 of 209
Quote:

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't understand what your saying. Anybody who is designing PCB'S for amps and anything even remotely near that has years and years of electrical experience // maybe a dergee in electrical engineering. I think imho it's a very large line to cross between building on schematics and designs, and designing your own. Building itself takes some skill.

You had said it doesn't take much electrical knowledge to build amps, my reply intended to mean that stuffing boards maybe doesn't take much knowledge, (assembly skill is a different matter) but actually understanding the impact and consequences of part choices definitely requires it, when not building straight off a parts list.
And like you say, actually designing from scratch is another leap beyond that.

Jun 8, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #104 of 209
Quote:

You had said it doesn't take much electrical knowledge to build amps, my reply intended to mean that stuffing boards maybe doesn't take much knowledge, (assembly skill is a different matter) but actually understanding the impact and consequences of part choices definitely requires it, when not building straight off a parts list.
And like you say, actually designing from scratch is another leap beyond that.

Ah okay, so you mean understanding capacitance, etc?

Jun 8, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #105 of 209
Quote:

Ah okay, so you mean understanding capacitance, etc?

Yeah, use of input and output capaciters (or not), buffered vs. unbuffered outputs, DC offset, op amp oscillation, etc. all require some theoretical background to understand. I've enjoyed reading Tangent's website as well as the DIY and PINT threads here, has helped take some rust off the electrical courses I took way back when. Probably when you were in kindergarten, you make me feel old.
icon10.gif
I learned a bit from my Dad who makes guitar amps, but I'd like to take the plunge into DIY....[edit] maybe cables is a good place to start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back