Possibly The Most Distrubing Crime in Recent History
Aug 5, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #91 of 96
Well, if you think joking about this situation is fine, go for it. I am not stopping you. Knowing that future family members of the individual murdered might look at these jokes and you still feel its appropriate so you could "cope", go for it. I am not stopping you. I certainly did not say it is the worst crime in recent history. What you listed are grave crimes. If you want to joke about them too, go for it. I am not stopping you. Yes, it is just my opinion. It is tasteless and wrong.

Aug 5, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #92 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, if you think joking about this situation is fine, go for it. I am not stopping you. Knowing that future family members of the individual murdered might look at these jokes and you still feel its appropriate so you could "cope", go for it. I am not stopping you. I certainly did not say it is the worst crime in recent history. What you listed are grave crimes. If you want to joke about them too, go for it. I am not stopping you. Yes, it is just my opinion. It is tasteless and wrong.

First of all, as you would have noticed if you had read what I wrote, I made no jokes about this crime or the others I mentioned. I merely defended peoples right and motivation to do so.

You find the people making jokes about this crime tasteless but you have no problem making all kinds of unfounded incriminations against me in a condescending manner for merely defending a persons right to joke about something. Get off your high horse and take a hard look at your own behaviour before you start laying down the law for others.

Aug 5, 2008 at 9:29 AM Post #93 of 96
Well, I did not lay down the law. I was serious about what I said. Really, if anyone else wants to crack jokes about this, fine, go for it. Like I said, "IT IS JUST MY OPINION". People are free to say whatever they like. But I am free to say, in this situation, it is wrong. Let me see, my high horse behavior is unacceptable but its O.K. to crack tasteless jokes about a young man who was just murdered.

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #94 of 96
Quote:

I don't see anyone making jokes about the Holocaust.

Of course there have been jokes about the holocaust. Please don't be so naive. There have been jokes about everything you can imagine. That doesn't make the people who make those jokes automatically 'bad' people. I agree with santiclaws' post.

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #96 of 96
Quote:

But I am free to say, in this situation, it is wrong. Let me see, my high horse behavior is unacceptable but its O.K. to crack tasteless jokes about a young man who was just murdered.

The chances of anyone of the young man's family reading these comments in the OT thread on a forum dedicated to headphones is slim to none. Do you really believe his grieving friends and relatives will plumb the depths of the web to look for people's opinions of what happened? They will have to dig through tens of thousands of posts. You, on the other hand, are accusing people who will read your comments of being tasteless, wrong, and of generally insensitive clods. MOD EDIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back