POSSIBLY FAKE MONSTER TURBINES?????????
Jul 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

heirthos

New Head-Fier
I will post some pictures on this later but for now was wondering where can I find the serial number for these so I can check it on the monster website for verification.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 9
Somewhere on this site is a set of pictures with fakes and copies side by side - I don't know if the Monster site would take the serial number and confirm that it is real - more like if you were registering them and the serial number field is a placeholder so that when you send them in, they confirm that you are sending in the pair you registered. I could be wrong - but I think that the determination of fake vs. real is made at the time or warranty repair/replacement.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 9
http://www.monstercable.com/service/default.asp# this is the link for serial number verification i belive. Just wondering where I can locate my Serial number. Is it on the box or like in all the papers your get?

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
http://www.monstercable.com/service/default.asp# this is the link for serial number verification i belive. Just wondering where I can locate my Serial number. Is it on the box or like in all the papers your get?

You are right - they have a verification tool - nice. Not good if you threw your box away, but nice, none the less.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 9
Have a look on the housings of each earpiece, it's been a while since I had Turbines though I'm having a vision of remembering a number on the chrome section of one of the housings. I could also be wrong.

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #8 of 9
It should be near the bar code - if not - it could be a product that doesn't come with a serial number - some of their larger items (bluetooth boom boxes, etc...) might have SN#'s on the actual product.

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 9
hmm why would they not include a serial number? Any way I spent a few hours on youtube and I am fairly cirtain that they are genuine. I thought they were fake cause most of the youtube videos had different stuff than mine did. Turns out I just have the latest model. Thanks for all your help though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back