Possible upgrades from Wyred4sound dac-2?PWD?
Aug 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #17 of 20
i'm the miserable one, so ... lol 

Aug 26, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #18 of 20
From my own experience, in terms of sound, the PWD is barely an upgrade from the DAC-2. You will have a slight difference but to me, that's not an improvement. The PWD has better build quality and more features so for a small sum of money, you can switch to the PWD for a different taste. I'd think the same about the QB9 and Zodiac. Not sure if I bother spending time switching equipments at pretty close price range like that. I will aim at stuff like the Weiss DAC2 or Berkeley Alpha to have significant improvement in sound.

Sep 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
From my own experience, in terms of sound, the PWD is barely an upgrade from the DAC-2. You will have a slight difference but to me, that's not an improvement. The PWD has better build quality and more features so for a small sum of money, you can switch to the PWD for a different taste. I'd think the same about the QB9 and Zodiac. Not sure if I bother spending time switching equipments at pretty close price range like that. I will aim at stuff like the Weiss DAC2 or Berkeley Alpha to have significant improvement in sound.

Any of them do well with USB? Cz my laptop dose not have firewire out i think.... Berkeley Alpha was pretty good but I have to get the digital interface >.<

Sep 1, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #20 of 20
wait is S400 is the firewire thing? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back