Possible to put KSC-75 drivers...
Mar 11, 2008 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jolness

100+ Head-Fier
In a closed can such as my horrible (mdr-v600)? Or will it mess with the sound signiture too much?

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #3 of 9
i think i remember someone putting them into MDR-V600 before in this forum...

i put mine into open headphones though.... franken philkoss in siggy.

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 9
"Anything" is possible!
tongue.gif

Not sure its a great idea to put drivers designed for open-back headphones into a closed-back casing. But might be worth a try...

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 9
I've put them in old 70s Koss headphones, some Aiwa headphones, and even tried drilling wooden cups to epoxy them into. They all sounded meh. The closed headphones sounded extremely boomy and closed nature made them sound like they were in some soup cans. The wooden cups made them sound echoey.

In the end after all that modding, I'm currently listening to a pair of stock KSC75s. If anyone else has had any luck making them sound good in closed headphones, I'd like to know, but I think the design requires them to be open.

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 9
The enclosure is a big factor in how a pair of headphones sound, and as other posters have said the KSC-75 doesn't seem to fare well in closed headphones, but it never hurts to experiment!

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #8 of 9
so is there anywhere i could say drill a hole in the mdr-600s? to make them pseudo open cans? the mdr-600s are just more comfortable than the ksc-75s and i was trying to get use outta of them somehow(stock drivers are horible)

Mar 12, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #9 of 9
i say try fitting them in there first..once done, do the bluetak mod on the cup and see how that goes (and/or mebbe some sound dampening material)

just because a cup is open back doesnt necessarily mean its better. i had to stuff my phillips cups (which are open cans) with some foam and sponge to give more body to the sound. without them it sounded like a POS. the plastic cups are just too crappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back