possible to get wooden driver housing for sr325i?
Mar 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Wiggy Fuzz

100+ Head-Fier
just out of interest, i thought it would be a nice modification to have my sr325i's with a wooden driver housing, instead of the plastic one.

but it seems the housings for the rs2's and rs1's are completely solid, and not two pieces. unless i'm wrong, and there's somedude on ebay selling the driver housings only, theni could transplant my sr325i drivers into the new wooden housing, then i'll get my very own hybrid phones.

just an idea, thought i'd type it down before it goes away... lost... in the midsts of time...

ideas, ideas, ideas... just holding off the inevitable splash onto a pair of rs1's - i heard them and now i want them. is this what it takes to make my smile go wider?

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #3 of 9
^ That would be different. All those are generally just wood cups and not housings.
I don't know of anyone that makes them. Would be a lot of work too as you will need to get the drivers out of their housing.

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ That would be different. All those are generally just wood cups and not housings.
I don't know of anyone that makes them. Would be a lot of work too as you will need to get the drivers out of their housing.

I see! Did not know they were just cups, and not complete housings.
Then its probably something to DIY...

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 9
That is what I think.

hf-1-wooden-housing-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back