possible eBay scam alert
May 3, 2009 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cswann1

Headphoneus Supremus
This eBay seller looks like he is selling a Beyerdynamic headband pad for Sennhieser headphones and claiming that you are buying a genuine leather headband.

I suppose it's possible that he is selling a leather product but what is pictured is a stock vinyl Beyer part. I'd advise anyone to NOT do business with this seller. Highly suspect.

May 3, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 10
well,

we're talking about yen1233 here...

he is a well known tube seller on ebay and head fi and from my experience you can totally rely on him because I bought from him a pair of NOS We408A with no problems.

You should communicate with him beforme making a scam alert..he doesn't deserve such a treatment.

This guy is a perfect seller, his prices are bit expensive though.

May 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't find it as a scam if you still receive what's pictured and it fits, which it does. So what if it looks like Beyer's?

I'm not saying "this is a scam".

But if he is selling a vinyl Beyer pad then it is a scam. Beyer pads are not genuine leather.

If I bought one of these and it turned out to be a vinyl Beyer pad, I'd be absolutely furious. It's blatant lie to claim it as a genuine leather product.

Again: I'm not saying he is not selling a leather headband. I just want to folks to be aware that what he is picturing is not. It's quite obviously a stock vinyl Beyer pad.

EDIT: I reworded my original post. I did make an unfair and unfounded statement originally and I have corrected it.

May 3, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 10
i wonder if that headband would solve my denon ah-d301 problem. i'm gonna look into it!

May 3, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #7 of 10
If you get the headband that's direct from beyer, then yes it is a scam. The beyer headband is not genuine leather. The headband in the picture looks like a beyer headbad, but that doesn't mean that it is. It could very well be an aftermarket "leather" headband. If that's the case, then this thread is unfair to the ebay seller. The only way to find out is to purchase one. Given his feedback and reputation, I'm going to assume that's it's legit unless proven otherwise. For that price, I won't be the one to bit the bullet and get one. But before posting a scam alert, you first need to verify that it is a scam.

May 3, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 10
If you are concerned about a fraudulent auction, you should report it to eBay and let them sort it out. Not everyone reads head-fi.

May 3, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 10
Its a scam in a sense that it is a misguiding (and in some parts false) advertisement for the item.

1. It is Beyerdynamic headband.
2. It is NOT leather (pictures provide enough information to gauge that).
3. It's...not exactly ethically correct to say that this is an upgrade for HD600/HD650, it is an upgrade for any headphone that it fits in that sense (in which case he ought to add Grados and such).
4. As someone mentioned, it is cheaper directly from Beyerdynamic.
5. Does it bother anyone that the 'chipped headband' picture is produced by someone on head-fi for use in their FS ad of their own HD600?

May 4, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #10 of 10
Someone please tell me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't the common paint chipping on the headband result from stretching the band?

If that's the case, then the auction pages claim that this pad would prevent chipping is also false.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back