Possible damage to sennheiser HD1's (momentum 2.0?)
Jul 7, 2017 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ben G.

New Head-Fier
When I went to plug in my Sennheiser momentum 2.0 (HD1's) into my iPhone 6s Plus it automatically turned up to full volume. I immediately turned them down, they were probably at that volume for at max one second. Could this have damaged my headphones? If it helps, they weren't 'I'm now concerned about ear damage' loud.

Jul 7, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 3
If it's was straight from the iPhone with no amp then you're fine. I did that with my FiiO X3 player (my A5 was out of battery thank god) and I forgot my volume was maxed because I usually use the A5 amp volume knob for control. My HD1 was fine after that fiasco, and that player can drive them much louder than any phone can. They were also on my head when it happened haha, ouch. You're fine though!

Jul 7, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 3
If it's was straight from the iPhone with no amp then you're fine. I did that with my FiiO X3 player (my A5 was out of battery thank god) and I forgot my volume was maxed because I usually use the A5 amp volume knob for control. My HD1 was fine after that fiasco, and that player can drive them much louder than any phone can. They were also on my head when it happened haha, ouch. You're fine though!

Thanks!! Much appreceated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back