Possible CT Meet (Hartford area)
Jul 3, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #32 of 49
matthewd5,

With the shortened work week and low amount of traffic seen in this forum, I'm starting to think the 14th is too soon. I'd hate for people to miss it just because they didn't find the thread in time.

My suggestions are:

(1) You pick the 28th at 2pm as the final date.

(2) You start a new thread with the title "Western Mass meet, July 28, 2pm"

(3) We ask Jude to link to the new thread from the front page.

Jul 3, 2002 at 5:51 PM Post #34 of 49
I'm with grinch on this one , just a bit far for a single day round tripper
frown.gif

Maybe something can be set up at a later time for south western CT/Putnam Co. NY /Westchester Co. NY . Those on the bubble could do both meets
biggrin.gif

BTW Grinch-lived in White Plains ( Westchester) when I was young , when I first moved back to Connecticut it was sooo damn quite I could not sleep at night (no trains / traffic all night , yelling-screaming-gunshots
rolleyes.gif
) , now I live out in the boonies and all I here at night is crickets and the accasional car wreck
eek.gif

aaah silence
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 11, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #35 of 49
Just to keep up the enthusiasm a bit, I've got one cool piece of news...I've gotten word from Tangent that he'll be shipping me a pretty luxed out "all out Meta42" next week. I'm excited about this amp, and am happy to bring it to S Hadley on the 28th.

Woo hoo...

AMcT
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #36 of 49
If there's going to be a meet on the 28th I may just be able to do it -- I could make a trip to Williamstown to see my friends who are still on campus, then go to Connecticutt, then make it back home on the 28th (hopefully). I ain't paying for a hotel room!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2002 at 12:36 AM Post #37 of 49
With the location not confirmed and only a handful of people having likely read this thread, I think the 28th is too soon again. I figure the time and location should be posted 2-3 weeks before the meet happens so everyone has a chance to hear about it. Of course, beggars can't be choosers and I'll be happy just to see a time and place confirmed. If it's on a weekend and within 100 miles of my apartment, I'll throw the Melos and ZOTL in the trunk and get there.

Aug 3, 2002 at 6:22 PM Post #38 of 49
It looks like we lost our first host, so we're on to plan B.

Unless someone else can find room for a meet, there are several hotels near my place where we can get a two-room suite for about $100/day on the weekends. This would give enough room for 10 people to get comfortable without worrying about annoying roommates, pets, family members, or putting your drink on someone's antique coffee table. Everyone who showed up would throw in $10 to pay for the room.

If there's enough interest, I'll organize this by booking the room and paying the difference between the cost and what I collect.

I'm thinking of September 14th. This should give enough time for the RKV to arrive.

The two hotels I have in mind are in Burlington, Mass, about 15 miles north of Boston and right on 128/95. For those of you who live in Boston but don't have cars, I'd be able to pick you up at the Alewife T station.

If I hear enough interest this week, I'll book the room next weekend and create a new thread for the meet.

Aug 3, 2002 at 6:27 PM Post #39 of 49
Burlington would be great for me, and I'm certainly in for a room up to say $20 and can also offer transport to Boston-area folks who might be car-impaired.

Plus, just got my Tangent-built Meta42 yesterday. Just orienting with it, but so far, wow...it sounds superb.

AMcT

Aug 4, 2002 at 11:15 PM Post #40 of 49
We should probably put up a separate thread for this to attract more Boston-area Head-Fiers, but anyway... I can't make the 14th because I go back to Williamstown on the 3rd or 4th... If we could have a meet in August I could bring the Grado HP-2 that's coming my way this week as well as my modded Melos, the two items probably rarer than anything else I own.

Anyway in case people are interested in an August meet I could do it any Sunday in August. I'd also be willing to help pay for a meeting room at a hotel if that's what we're doing.

Aug 4, 2002 at 11:42 PM Post #41 of 49
I'd have to say that if we're going to try to squeeze it into August, we should aim for the 24th or 25th. That gives us a little time to raise awareness, but the next weekend is Labor Day, so it keeps us out of trouble with that.

That sounds good. Only thing on my cal for that weekend is Paul Westerberg at the Somerville Theater on the 23rd.

Aug 5, 2002 at 1:03 AM Post #42 of 49
I'll be out of town between August 23 and September 7. This shouldn't prevent a meet from happening, since any date will likely exclude someone, but it would require someone else to handle the organization.

Aug 6, 2002 at 1:27 AM Post #43 of 49
Hmmm. That's a downer, dvr...I wonder if there might be a way to get both you and DanG there together. Dan...suppose we waited, say, til some weekend in October? Any plans for a weekend back in town say the 1st or 2nd weekend in October...

I'm thinking that if we set the day way out, we run a better chance of folks clearing the deck?

Aug 6, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #44 of 49
I figured more people would have responded by now. Doesn't everyone get alerts?

Angus, Dan -- If it turns out it's just the three of us, let do a small get-together on September 17th. I'm sure one of us can find room.

Aug 6, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #45 of 49
Hmmm. Well, maybe a Boston-titled thread really is the answer? But Sept 17 won't work for Dan, who's heading back to Williamstown on Labor Day weekend.

How about if I start a "Boston Hi-Fi Meet" thread with a poll for a few proposed dates? Then we can gauge interest and plan accordingly?

Or hey, if we can keep it small and casual, why not? Why not a weeknight or something for that matter?

AMcT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back