Possible CT Meet (Hartford area)
May 18, 2002 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Anybody interested in a meet in the Hartford, CT area? I can offer a Cosmic, Melos SHA-1 (variety of NOS tubes), Hd600'd w/cardas, Grado SR60, 225 and Ety 4's. Maybe Headroom could loan us a Max and a Little? Let me know.

Jun 1, 2002 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 49
Count me in, too. I'll make the drive down from Boston.

I can bring a Melos with Amperex tubes, a CIAudio dac, some interconnects, and a Power 3 cable -- and if we wait a few weeks, whatever the Headroom show inspires me to buy.

By the way, I'd like to do a little blind testing -- a little "Guess the price of the cable you're listening to" would be interesting.

Jun 19, 2002 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 49
Hello. I am potentially interested. I would need a ride from Boston, but I'll bring along my MAX with the Cardas Golden Ref. Interconnects if I can get there.
I'd love to hear the Melos and the ATW-100s.
However, I'd fail big time at the name the cable price game!

Edwin

Jun 19, 2002 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 49
If we schedule this for a weekend I'm free, I can carry three people from Boston to Hartford. I can either offer those spots on a first-come basis or to those who offer to bring the best gear. Hmmm... decisions, decisions.

To avoid spending too much time driving around, the best situation for me would be picking everyone up at the Alewife T station (the northern-most stop on the Red line.)

I'll also be able to bring a zotl with a pair of Sylvania GB tubes (the tubes markl recommended.)

Jun 19, 2002 at 6:47 PM Post #8 of 49
lextek, btw I don't remember meeting you at the Boston tour, lol were you only there for a quick 5 minutes?
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #15 of 49
no activity in a week...is there still interest in this?

i'm in western mass so hartford works well for me, or anything in the general area of hartford/enfield/springfield/worcester etc.

matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back