Possible CT Meet (Hartford area)
Jun 29, 2002 at 5:40 AM Post #17 of 49
Anyone in the Boston area willing to host a meeting? DanG?
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2002 at 4:10 PM Post #18 of 49
you know, my office is in south hadley mass.

just about half way between boston and hartford, a short distance off of 91 and the mass pike (90)

would this help facilitate a meeting?

also, beware, we have two cats at the office, so if there are any allergy issues...

matthew

Jun 29, 2002 at 4:51 PM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by matthewd5
you know, my office is in south hadley mass.

would this help facilitate a meeting?

Works for me! And I bet it will work for all the Boston people, since it's roughly the same distance from Boston as Hartford.

If it's ok with lextek and dave-the-rave, pick a date.

Jun 29, 2002 at 10:36 PM Post #20 of 49
ok, if that seems to work, does anyone have a problem with doing it on a sunday?

my office is open m-sat so sunday would be the best day. it is a large open floorplan so there is no traditional conference room etc.

i would just setup a long folding table to put gear on

who's coming? who's bringing what?

all i have to bring is my cosmic, total airhead, senn-600's and my nad 541 which is already at the office!

matthew

Jun 30, 2002 at 5:31 PM Post #21 of 49
We probably need a date and time before people can say whether they're coming. How about July 14th or the 21rst? If we started around 2pm, that should give everyone time to have a leisurely morning and make the drive.

Jul 1, 2002 at 4:34 AM Post #22 of 49
ok to recap...

my office is in south hadley mass. (not too far from springfield)

it needs to be on a sunday

2pm was mentioned as a good time and that works for me

springfield is the nearest train (amtrak) station for those who asked...

pickup at amtrak station can be arranged to and from etc.

i need to figure out which sunday...

the third weekend is bad for me in july

i need to check on the 14th because i may be out of the country for a few days around then and i need to firm up those plans.

if we do it on a sunday in july at 2pm...how many people would come if it was on the 14th? how many if it were the 28th?

matthew

Jul 1, 2002 at 4:58 AM Post #23 of 49
Both the 14th and 28th work for me, although the further out we go, the greater the chance something will come up. I mention this because it's likely I'll be driving a few people who wouldn't have rides otherwise.

I have room for 3 other people in my car (as long as they're not too large; it's a Volkswagon GTI.) Audio&Me has dibs on one of those seats.

I could pick people up at the Alewife station at around 12:15.

Jul 1, 2002 at 7:35 PM Post #25 of 49
i would be all for a meet in connecticut but massachusetts is just too far a drive. i'm in westchester county new york and anywhere (pretty much) in connecticut i wouldn't have a problem with but massachusetts is just too far. oh well..

Jul 2, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #26 of 49
well where i am is only 20 minutes north of hartford.

if someone can volunteer a location somewhere in ct i'll be there.

i drove to the headphone stop in tarrytown.

i only volunteered to host it because nobody else did.

it seems half? of the people are coming from boston and that is a good 60 miles from south hadley and even further from hartford.

matthew

Jul 2, 2002 at 4:36 AM Post #27 of 49
Yeah, Hartford is really just too damn far... would take me at least 2.5 hours to get there, too reminiscent of driving to college from home. Seriously, if there are so many Bostonians going to the meet why not just have the meet in Boston? Or maybe both?
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 6:54 AM Post #29 of 49
Heh, forgot to update my location profile.
smily_headphones1.gif
My college address is in Williamstown, but my home and current address is in Marblehead, MA, just north of Boston. A bit more than 68 miles
frown.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 11:36 AM Post #30 of 49
I'd be interested in coming as well, and can provide an transport from the Boston area if anyone still needs a ride. I'm at the northern border of 128+93, so if anyone needs a ride from that or down 128 towards the pike (e.g.., Woburn, Burlington,Waltham, etc) that'd be cool as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back