Possibility on final setup and questions
Jun 7, 2008 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pantocrator

Head-Fier
You can probably just skip to the bottom of the post if you wish.

The setup so far is iphone or other DAP Line out Meier Corda 2move HD600/Etymotics ER-4s

Here is what I still have to think about
I was told to look at the RSA line of amps, but according to that amp roundup the corda is ranked the same but at about half the price as the predator.

Also, it seems like from the etymotics website the er-4s needs to be amped, but the er-4p does not. Is this true? I would rather be able to use the IEMs without an amp, but the HD600's with an amp.
Finally, for price-performance, what is the max amount of money I should be willing to put over for a HD650 compared to HD600?

Right now, prices are
HD600 $270 Compuplus
HD650 $315 ewiz
ER-4s $180 Newegg
Corda 2move $275 manufacturer

Are these fair? Can you find better prices anywhere?

For the amp section... can the corda 2move power both the HD600 and HD650? Also, can you purchase amps outside of the manufacturer's website, so you can get a deal? I am intrigued by the Predator, but it does not seem to be worth the extra cost, at least according to Skylab. Feel free to sway my opinion one way or the other, but maybe the most important thing would be finding a discount price for the amps overall.

thanks for the help.

Jun 7, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 5
Also, anybody have any idea on the shipping charges from Meier Audio? They're in Germany, and it says 14 days for shipping, and I have to guess the cost would be tremendous.

Jun 7, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 5
I believe shipping is included in the price. Last thing I bought was inclusive, anyway.

Why not drop Dr. Meier a note? He's friendly and responds quickly.

Jun 8, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 5
I'll do that. In the meantime, does my setup look satisfactory? I want to make sure I've made the best choices possible before I buy. Emphasis on: Is there anywhere to buy these amps not from the manufacturer? and I've looked at the threads, and people seem split on the Predator vs 2move, so is either choice good? I'd be greatful for some dimensions on the Predator, I couldn't find any at the website.

Jun 9, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 5
I got a recommendation to look into Hotaudio amps- are they any good? They are much cheaper than the 2move or the predator.

Again, is there any where to buy amps except direct from manufacturer that you know of??? I would rather not ask the companies themselves, as it might come off as offensive to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back