Portland area Head-Fi'ers meet 12/9/01
Nov 28, 2001 at 4:57 AM Post #91 of 115
well, kevin and I may be forced to take all your headphones and then force you to leave in disgrace, but no, you won't look like an idiot.

wink.gif

Nov 28, 2001 at 6:22 AM Post #92 of 115
Budgie,
I'm totally stoked that you're going to be bringing you're F1's too, and I'm expecting them to sound really good!

Nov 28, 2001 at 10:25 PM Post #93 of 115
Neruda- Uh, Okay. My suggestion would be to strangle me with the cord of the F1's, that way there would be a certain poetic justice in it. Or maybe pound me sensless with the cans by swinging them by the cord. Of course, you may allready have made your own plans.......(gulp)

kwkarth, I may be crushed by the shear weight of peer pressure, if they don't sound good.
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2001 at 5:33 PM Post #95 of 115
Okay folks, what time on Sunday do you folks want to meet?
Place:
attachment.php

What time??
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2001 at 6:59 PM Post #96 of 115
how about high noon? early enough so that we'll have plenty of time, late enough so that we won't have to rush. I'll just throw that out there and see what you guys think...

and I guess I need to send out some emails about now...

Nov 30, 2001 at 3:36 AM Post #98 of 115
High noon is perfect. See y'all there!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2001 at 12:34 PM Post #99 of 115
Regarding the F1's> Open air headphones do have Less apparent Bass than conventional Closed cans. This is also true of Dipole Loudspeakers. However the Virtue i am looking for in an Open Phone is Detail, Uncolared natural sound Mids and Sounstage, As long as the Bass is not thin it will be ok. For bass i have other cans better at bass but lack these other qualties. so will look foward to hearing them. Also Open Cans rely upon the amp for damping and thus are sensitive to the Amp powering them. Normaly the Closed Housing affords acoustical driver Loading. but in an open design the Amp must Provide the Electrical damping to Compensate. (That damping factor Spec), Well see ya all the 9th PPL

Nov 30, 2001 at 8:41 PM Post #101 of 115
According to the Etronics website, the F1's shipped today by UPS ground. I hope they will take less then five days to get to me!

Dec 1, 2001 at 10:12 PM Post #103 of 115
Okay, I just sent an email out to everyone who posted in this thread. The email reads as follows...

I'm sending this email out to everyone who posted in the thread at Head-Fi: the first of what i'm sure will be many meetings of the Northwest-area headfizers will be Sunday, December 9th. We will meet at noon at a Beaverton store called Art of Audio. For information regarding Art of Audio, please check this link: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/attach...=&postid=49408

I certainly hope that you can make it, but if not, don't panic; there will be many more chances, I'm sure!
smily_headphones1.gif

If you do plan to go, please either respond to this email or respond in the thread at Head-fi.

Let's see who can make it!

Dec 2, 2001 at 3:11 AM Post #104 of 115
Uhh, according to ups the projected delivery date for the F1's will be Dec. 7. Presuming nothing goes wrong, I will have them for the meet. I may talk too ups and see if I can pick them up at the package center as that may save having them not hit my mail box till monday.

Dec 3, 2001 at 6:22 AM Post #105 of 115
I will try to make it there. Man, I've never been to Beaverton before...how far is it from P-town? I also hope the Ety 4S SE from Jaskin will be here before that 9th of December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back