Portland Area Head-fi Meet: Echo Audio - 03/02/13
Mar 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #76 of 116
A father of my daughters friend passed away so I have a service and celebration of life to attend on Saturday.  Doesn't look like I can make it.  Bummer on all counts.

Hope another meet happens soon - would be good to meet other headphone addicts and check out other equipment.  

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #78 of 116
See you all tomorrow. I just received a new set of LCD-2's a few days ago from Audeze, kind of on the fence about whether I want to bring them kind of paranoid about them right now plus I'm burning them in. hummm what to do

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #80 of 116
Okay disregard that previous statement. I shall be there! Gonna meet with my group today to bang out our project :]

Also, DenonBeaver, it doesn't look like anyone else is bringing LCD-2s going by the list, so you really should! You can set them up at my table, and I'll make sure they're handled with the utmost care. If somebody mistreats your precious phones, I will punish them.

EDIT: arrrghhh I'm going through my music collection trying to decide what to load up on my player....I'm so conflicted. I wish I had a better source to bring, but it looks like it will just be my Clip+ and iPhone with lossless files, unless my N3 arrives today or tomorrow morning.

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #81 of 116
Quote:
I'm really hoping I won't have to bail on the meet as well. I've got a big group project I need to work on, due Monday, and I work Sunday. bahhhhh

I'm in the same boat!     Are you at PSU?

I'm really gonna try and make it, but may have to scale back a bit and not stay the entire time. Have 2 papers due next week and a group research paper going on. Aaarrgghhh!

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #82 of 116
Some more news regarding the meet:

I have received word that a representative from a new headphone company, Torque Audio, will be showing up at the meet with prototype models of their first release (IEMs I believe). 

Their site (in the making): www.torque-audio.com

It should be interesting to see/hear!  Rather than asking/answering more questions about Torque Audio, I think I'll just wait for them to show up tomorrow and introduce themselves.

To those of you who can't make it last minutes, that's a bummer...

I'm no longer updating the list as it seems to change by the hour and the meet is tomorrow--bring what you can!
Looking forward to meeting all of you, and someone bring a camera who knows what they're doing?  I certainly don't
cool.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #83 of 116
I'll still try to be there. About to load up a 32gb micro sd full of flac. So I assume that the listed cans are headphones we'll be able to listen to? I was under the impression we would only be using our headphones with different amps/dacs. This will be my first meet as you can tell. Hope the LCD 2s make it lol

Mar 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #84 of 116
Quote:
Okay disregard that previous statement. I shall be there! Gonna meet with my group today to bang out our project :]

Also, DenonBeaver, it doesn't look like anyone else is bringing LCD-2s going by the list, so you really should! You can set them up at my table, and I'll make sure they're handled with the utmost care. If somebody mistreats your precious phones, I will punish them.

EDIT: arrrghhh I'm going through my music collection trying to decide what to load up on my player....I'm so conflicted. I wish I had a better source to bring, but it looks like it will just be my Clip+ and iPhone with lossless files, unless my N3 arrives today or tomorrow morning.

Already I'll bring the LCD-2 but I hold Anoxy personally responsible for their protection :wink:

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #85 of 116
I just got back from Echo Audio sorting out a few logistical details for our get together tomorrow.  Some updates/quick reminders for attendees:

1. EVENT TIMING 3-7p: The store is open for business as usual in the morning, and our event is 3-7pm.  We have arranged some snacks and drinks which will be there around 4:30.  We don't want anyone dehydrated!

1. EARLY SETUP 2-3p: For those bringing some of their own pieces... you are welcome to setup in advance of the event anytime after 2pm. I'll be setting up tables, with one power strip at each, right at 2pm. So if you can arrive after that (anytime before 3pm) it will be appreciated.  Thanks again to our table captains for their help during setup!  I get the strong feeling we'll have more equipment coming than table space, so if in doubt on whether to bring something, it's probably best to leave it at home. We'll have a lot there!

1. SECURITY: We will have someone at the door doing equipment check-in/check out as described earlier.  You'll write on a sheet your name and what you are bringing in with you -- and you will get ID tags/stickers to identify your pieces.  You'll need those for check out.  This may create a bit of a bottleneck at the door during setup and departure so we appreciate your patience in advance on that one -- we want to be respectful of the security concerns expressed earlier in this thread.  Please understand that Echo Audio is kindly volunteering space for us and the store can't be responsible for anyone's individual equipment. While every effort is made by all of us to ensure security, respectful use, and non-breakage of our pieces -- the bottom line is bring your stuff at your own risk.

1. HEADPHONE WALL:  Echo has more than 20 pairs of headphones on their wall. So for those brining their own portable sources, you'll be able to plug into any cans you'd like to hear.

Someone asked what the cost will be for the new Coffman Labs tubed headphone amp.  Damon confirmed it will be $2,295.  He also said he'd be happy to extend a special day-of-event-only 20% discount for anyone who may be interested in pre-ordering. 

Thank you everyone and excited to meet you tomorrow!
Cheers

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #87 of 116
I'll be around if you need to bounce. My only plan is to hit IKEA then take the max from the eagle something to dt. I'm surprised pdx's mass produced beers are expensive. If already spent $70 and I'm not even housed. That might be because the eagle something. I took a walk around earlier and the only somewhat non hipsterish bar I saw was some gay bar and the grisley girls where like omg its ed sheeran! As I walked past.
I walked by the wonder ball and was like omg its as old school or something, I really hope the acoustics sound better then what it looks from the outside.
BTW pdx reminds me of Costa Rica with all the razor wire fencing.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #88 of 116
haven't slept in a couple days... there's a good chance I'll sleep now and not make it to the meet.  I'm glad there's already an established photographer :)  I'll try to make it if I can!

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #90 of 116
Quote:
I'll be around if you need to bounce. My only plan is to hit IKEA then take the max from the eagle something to dt. I'm surprised pdx's mass produced beers are expensive. If already spent $70 and I'm not even housed. That might be because the eagle something. I took a walk around earlier and the only somewhat non hipsterish bar I saw was some gay bar and the grisley girls where like omg its ed sheeran! As I walked past.
I walked by the wonder ball and was like omg its as old school or something, I really hope the acoustics sound better then what it looks from the outside.
BTW pdx reminds me of Costa Rica with all the razor wire fencing.

Hi tattare - at the meet come find me and I'll give you some other suggestions of places to check out.  The vast majority of Portland does not have ambience accentuated with razor wire, I promise :)  There are many wonderful places you need to see.  BTW: the Wonder does sound pretty good inside -- have seen a lot of concerts in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back