Portland Area Head-fi Meet: Echo Audio - 03/02/13
Feb 3, 2013 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 116

R-Audiohead

1000+ Head-Fier
This is the official page for the upcoming Portland Metro area meet.

Location----

Echo Audio
1015 SW Washington Street Portland Oregon 97205
http://echohifi.com/

Time----

3:00p - 600p on Saturday, March 2nd.(200p for setup if you're bringing gear)

Attendee List----

1. MusicPDX
2. R-Audiohead
3. Snowgoose
4. Anoxy
5. Arecibo
6. Sbradley 02
7. Devwild
8. Theklamkid
9. Sheldonkregor
10. ProfCrash
11. Ham Sandwich
12. Roadcykler
13. Budgie
14. Tattare
15. Jaygot (+1)
16. Coachenzo
17. DenonBeaver
18. Billerb1
19. Dogwon
20. Linglingjr
21. Oregonian
22. Ilikepie116
23. Hyogen
24. Baldoak

Gear List----

Cans:----

1. CharterOak SP-1
2. MB Quart QP805 (300 ohm version)
3. Sennheiser HD448
4. Sennheiser HD600 (x2)
5. AKG K401
6. Yamaha YH-2
7. Modded T50RP
8. Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs
9. Grado SR60 (modded)
10. Brainwavz HM5
11. Thunderpants
12. Takstar HI 2050
13. Sony CD-1700
14. Sony CD-3000
15. Sony MDR-F1
16. HiFiMan HE-400
17. Denon D1100
18. Denon D5000
19. Sennheiser HD650
20. AKG K272
21. M-Audio Q40
22. SFI Orthos (Custom)
23. Koss PRO4AAA (Modded)
24. Ultrasone HFI-550

DACs/Amps:----

1. Bryston BHA-1
2. Yulong D100 MkI
3. Matrix M-Stage
4. ASL MG-head OTL
5.Cambridge DacMagic
6. Audio-GD NFB 12
7. JoLida FX Glass tube DAC
8. Colorfly C4 DAP
9. JoLida FX10 Tube Amp
10. Audioengine D1
11. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2
12. Fostex HP-A3
13. iRiver iHP-140
14. iBasso D10 DAC/Amp
15. FiiO E17
16. Tube Magic D1 DAC
17. Yulong D100 MkII
18. Schiit Audio Asgard
19. Schiit Audio Bifrost (USB)
20. FiiO E7/E9

The above gear excludes Echo Audio's  "Wall of Awesome".  It may not be a bad idea to bring gear even if Echo has a unit for convenience purposes, just be sure to mark your unit with a piece of tape on the cable or something.

I will update this list as needed.  Let me know if you're coming and what you're bringing (if able)

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 116
Thanks all -- Looking forward to it as well!  Echo is usually pretty busy on Saturdays and is open as usual on March 2. So I'll work with them to put up some advance signage that gives customers an heads-up about this gathering.  (subtext - If customers want to spend a lot of time listing to "big iron" hi-fi, it's best they pick another day :) )

if I create some signs, that poses another question... Are Head-Fiers OK with Echo extending an open invitation to other local customers/enthusiasts who are interested in portable solutions? 

I know that folks less familiar with portable solutions could learn a lot from the experienced Head-Fiers here!  I'm assuming the more the merrier at this event, but wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

Echo normally closes at 5pm Saturdays, but is glad to keep the store open until 6pm+ for the event so there's some extra (quieter) time for Head-Fiers after hours.  Cheers

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 116
hmmm its been ages since the last PDX meet. 

Been a while since i walked into Echo Audio as well..

If I am able I will make the meet. And if there is enough interest I might be coaxed into bringing the Stax O2mk1 + Liquid Lightning Prototype amp with me. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 116
Quote:
hmmm its been ages since the last PDX meet. 

Been a while since i walked into Echo Audio as well..

If I am able I will make the meet. And if there is enough interest I might be coaxed into bringing the Stax O2mk1 + Liquid Lightning Prototype amp with me. 

Well I'm interested!

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 116
Quote:
Thanks all -- Looking forward to it as well!  Echo is usually pretty busy on Saturdays and is open as usual on March 2. So I'll work with them to put up some advance signage that gives customers an heads-up about this gathering.  (subtext - If customers want to spend a lot of time listing to "big iron" hi-fi, it's best they pick another day :) )

if I create some signs, that poses another question... Are Head-Fiers OK with Echo extending an open invitation to other local customers/enthusiasts who are interested in portable solutions? 

I know that folks less familiar with portable solutions could learn a lot from the experienced Head-Fiers here!  I'm assuming the more the merrier at this event, but wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

Echo normally closes at 5pm Saturdays, but is glad to keep the store open until 6pm+ for the event so there's some extra (quieter) time for Head-Fiers after hours.  Cheers

The only concern is theft, and the fact that the "normal public" may not be as inclined to treat the equipment as nicely for whatever reason.

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #8 of 116
The folks who visit Echo are audio equipment fans / audiophiles, so I don't think respect for the equipment would be an issue.  The wall of headphones there has always been treated gently by store visitors.  Kurt at Echo mentioned he could have some tags made which folks can attach to their own equipment for easy visual ID.  That can help us all keep an eye on things -- Agreed we don't want anything exiting the building without its owner :)

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 116
Quote:
The folks who visit Echo are audio equipment fans / audiophiles, so I don't think respect for the equipment would be an issue.  The wall of headphones there has always been treated gently by store visitors.  Kurt at Echo mentioned he could have some tags made which folks can attach to their own equipment for easy visual ID.  That can help us all keep an eye on things -- Agreed we don't want anything exiting the building without its owner :)

You're right, it'll probably be okay.

I'm just paranoid because I've had a fair amount of things stolen from me (when I was younger and dumber, though!)

I just expect some people who might not normally come into Echo do so with the event in place - but that is a good thing and a great way to show a thanks to Echo for hosting.

It should be fine
wink_face.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #11 of 116
I welcome the 'normal customers' cause then I don't have to feel like the biggest noob in the room :D

Also, if any of you are IEM heads like me and have some fancy cables, bring them! I've been wanting to try some out to see if it's really a placebo.

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #13 of 116
Im going to try to make it over from Boise.
HE-400
Denon D1100
Fostex HP-A3
If someone wants to hear something else in my sig let me know and ill throw it in a bag.

does anyone have a bottle head crack or a lcd-2?

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #14 of 116
Quote:
Im going to try to make it over from Boise.
HE-400
Denon D1100
Fostex HP-A3
If someone wants to hear something else in my sig let me know and ill throw it in a bag.

does anyone have a bottle head crack or a lcd-2?

Updated.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #15 of 116
My wife and I will be joining. As for gear, I'll be carrying around my iRiver iHP-140 w/ iBasso D10 DAC/Amp (which others are willing to try out, of course), along with JH13 Pros that I recently had reshelled by 1964 Ears. Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back