Portable Speakers for Travel - Suggestions?
Jan 22, 2009 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

FoleyF

New Head-Fier
Any advice on the best portable speakers for an MP3 player. I do a lot of traveling and it would be nice to have a decent set of speakers I could toss in my bag and play in my hotel room. There are a bunch of ultra-small speakers out there in the $10 - $50 range, but have not tried any of them.

I did order 2 cheap FiiO speakers from DX and I'll post the results after I recieve them and put them through the motions. I'm not expecting much.

It would be nice to get something with some decent bass.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Foley

Jan 23, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 17
Of course I can use headphones and will always have a few sets with me. Looking for speakers that I can play in the room so I don't have to wear the phones. Suggestions?

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 17
I've got the JBL on tours, they are great for their size and price (>75). I have seen many raves about the foxl unit, if you are ready to spend $200-250, they would be very appealing. I've also heard the Cambridge Mick Fleetwood setup mentioned above, great sound but it's not that small of a package.

Jan 24, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 17
tivoli ipal

i take this thing with me everywhere, even use it in the shower.

logitech mm50 is more travel friendly and comes with a carry case but it doesn't sound as good, nor does it come with a built in FM tuner.

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #9 of 17
i second the Tivoli PAL recommendation. i've used one in many a hotel room with good results. very rugged and solidly built. you'd be hard-pressed to get better sound in a smaller package.

another similar-priced option, if you have the extra real estate, would be to run appropriate cables from your mp3 player into a pair of Audioengine AE2s.

budget and space constraints would probably help whittle down your options here.

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #10 of 17
Jan 25, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #11 of 17
You did say it needed to fit into a bag...

2893332260044175878S600x600Q85.jpg

...see, it IS small enough if your bag is big enough
eek.gif

tongue.gif

The beast does have wheels...including a handy extending handle!

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nuff said

Have these and cannot say 1 bad thing about them at all. Extremely great sound from a semi-portable.

Just so you know, it comes in its own case (subwoofer enclosure doubles as case).

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #14 of 17
Not tiny. They are a bit larger than tennis balls. However, BIG sound. Powered by a t-amp too. Just a suggestion. I got a pair for my mom's little tv hutch and they certainly clear up the dialogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back