Portable Setup Options <$400
Aug 18, 2006 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

khbaur330162

Vintage Ortho Ninja 🥷
I'm sry but this didn't exactly fit in any specific spot. The Portable Audio section is for source talk only it seems and I'm already set in that regard...

What I'm basically looking for is some setup ideas. I know that most of this is personal preference, and I have a few ideas I'm sort of sitting on before I make a decision, but I'd like an outline of what the majority/general consensus would be on a $400 or under budget. Please list what YOU would purchase regarding portable amp, headphones, IC, etc. These are imaginary dollars, so by all means, spend them in anyway you want. No need to purchase any sort of source device, because as stated, I'm already set. Obviously no iMod's or anything either seeing as I have an H320.

Please Note: I'm looking for a sort of laid back set up. Most music I listen to is ELO, BTO, Bruce Springsteen, Yes, Doobie Brothers, Elton John, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Uriah Heep, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, etc. (As I've heard it, progressive and/or classic rock) I'm basically all over anything with electric guitar, electric piano, violin/other random orchestra instrumental, and moving vocals. This is my most used equalizer in Media Monkey, so obviously an amp/headphone setup that could mirror that would be nice, however, don't make any of this much of a hindering factor. I'm just interested in seeing what some of the setups would turn out to be, just to see what some of you think are good products or are simply worth the money.

equalizer.jpg

Thanks ahead of time.
3000smile.gif

_________
Edit: That equalizer may seem a little extreme, but it's mostly because I use Sony MDR-V700Dj's which have crazy amounts of bass. The equalizer is sort of compensating for the Sony's, so I wouldn't be surprised if when all is said and done it's pretty flat with maybe a little mid to high range accentuation; if that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back