Portable Rig - how do you setup ur amp/player
Sep 24, 2007 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

deaby

Head-Fier
I just bought a new ipod + lineout cable..

i used to have a gigabeat with a govibe 5.. that i piggy backed with velcro.. i want to avoid the velcro this time.. how do you guys piggy back yours without velcro?

also any recommendations on smaller amps cos this thing looks ridiculous on the tiny ipod.. would be great..
etyer6i and grado 225 are what i use

Sep 24, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 30
I don't use velcro but double sided sticky mouting tape for both my setups

150179.jpg

150396.jpg

The elastic is to hold the lid of the SuperMicro but would hold both together withou the sticky tape, I just prefer the stability of the tape.

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 30
I swiped a wide rubber band from a bundle of asparagus at one of the um, "large retailer discount clubs" to hold everything together. Unfortunately, its a violet and kinda takes away from the serious audiophile look of my ipod, case and amp.

Then again, having a white Sik Din and a mini to mini wrapped around it gives it that "don't got through TSA security checkpoint with this in my carry-on bag" look.

As soon as my ipod dock plugs show up and i'll have a nice LOD cable and substantially clean up the appearance.

I've seen people use wide O-rings from the plumbing section of your favorite home improvement center as well as those rubber wristlets that are so "last year" that everyone was wearing. Like the Livestrong and whatnot.

In my case, the top of my airhead amp is rubber and I keep my ipod in a rubberized case so they don't slide around against each other. The airhead amp has place for little black feet on its backside which makes it all sit nice and neat on a flat surface.

Sep 25, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #6 of 30
velcro

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #7 of 30
I use elastic hair bands - I guess they are for ponytails.

They come in "flashy" colors, they are inexpensive (I found my first three laying in the parking lot outside a gym - but bought a 5-pack for less than $2), and they don't break like rubber bands do.

I use the ones that have a spiral of rubber on the outer surface.

Sep 25, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #9 of 30
What sort of case or bag to you guys use. I don't have my Cmoy or my Diabolous yet, but I'm considering a camera bag.

Edit: Cmoy just arrived. Woo Hoo!
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #12 of 30
Sep 25, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1M1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use elastic hair bands - I guess they are for ponytails.

They come in "flashy" colors, they are inexpensive (I found my first three laying in the parking lot outside a gym - but bought a 5-pack for less than $2), and they don't break like rubber bands do.

I use the ones that have a spiral of rubber on the outer surface.

x2, except for how I came upon my stash of hair elastics.
biggrin.gif

The best ones I found is using 2 of the 'ouchless' thick elastics. 'Ouchless' just means that it doesn't have that 'metal-thingie' holding the elastic together. I find the elastics more secure and less troublesome than velcro straps.

I wish there was a better solution for someone who doesn't want to use 2-sided tape or velcro...

Sep 25, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #14 of 30
does the double-sided tape cos the player/amp to be sticky if u pull it off?? also for those with alo audio dock cables.. are they sensitive? should i worry about having them in my pocket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back