Portable player for running
Sep 1, 2022 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

chris6878

New Head-Fier
Hi, I sprint and I'm looking for something with Bluetooth and tidal that's small. I've been using my cell phone but I want something smaller.
U picked up a fiio m6 but damn it's buggy. Tidal is slow as hell on it. I even deleted all the bloatware.

So is there anything small with blue tooth and tidal that actually works that I can run with.

Thanks

Sep 2, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 13
I don't think that product exists unless you can find a small cell phone. I could be wrong here, but I think all DAPs that have streaming capabilities require wifi to do so.
If you're on the move a phone is going to be about your only option.
The Hiby r3 Saber is pretty small ,but like I said it will require you to be connected to wifi to stream Tidal. The FIIO BTR3k is super small, but again, it will require your phone to operate...

Sep 6, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 13
I don't think that product exists unless you can find a small cell phone. I could be wrong here, but I think all DAPs that have streaming capabilities require wifi to do so.
The Hiby r3 Saber is pretty small ,but like I said it will require you to be connected to wifi to stream Tidal. The FIIO BTR3k is super small, but again, it will require your phone to operate...
Thanks,
Well I should be able to download tidal tracks and play offline. THe M6 I have now I can barely get it to download all my tracks then play them.

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 13
Sony A107 is small, light and about 8hrs Tidal offline playback.

No volume capping issues over BT either if EU version. Stong BT signal too.

An iPhone 13mini is a good size too, but no LDAC bluetooth (assuming you use big screen smartphone)

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 13
I agree with this and for that kind of thing I live without Tidal or any streaming. Just an old Sandisk Sansa variant player is good enough for those times. Load up the card and go, they weigh nothing, cost very little. No risk.

Sep 6, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #8 of 13
Hi, I sprint and I'm looking for something with Bluetooth and tidal that's small. I've been using my cell phone but I want something smaller.
U picked up a fiio m6 but damn it's buggy. Tidal is slow as hell on it. I even deleted all the bloatware.

So is there anything small with blue tooth and tidal that actually works that I can run with.

Thanks
Garmin watch with music, such as FR645 music with any TWS. I have them, however, I don't sprint, just jogging for two hours. For that purpose, I had my DAP and Z1R.

Sep 9, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #11 of 13
I had a Shanling M0 which had good bluetooth codec support (LDAC, etc.) as I recall.
I second the M0. the only caveat for this one is the lack of Tidal support that the OP was asking for.

I've got one with the arm band case and it works great for when I'm out on a run.

Use it both wired and wireless and have no problems with it.

Sep 9, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #12 of 13
I jog with an ipod touch 7th gen and Bluetooth earphones which is a very lightweight and unobtrusive combination. Offline tidal and audio books are on the menu. Works perfectly for me, not sure about sprinting though. Plus apple have discontinued the range so bear that in mind.

Sep 12, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #13 of 13
I just use my Garmin Tactix Delta Watch to do this via bluetooth, but I have to be honest I don't jog nearly as much as I need to lol.

running.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back