Portable OK for Beyerdynamic DT880?
Jun 22, 2009 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

contr01

New Head-Fier
I don't really want an amp to push louder/harder music, I mainly want an amp that will simply allow me to adjust the sound. Do I need a full size one, or would I be ok with portable?

Also, do some portable amps not just run on battery? I basically am looking for a decently small sized amp that i can plug into the wall, so it can sit right next to my computer.

Thanks.

Jun 23, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #2 of 4
I have used them (250ohm) with the iqube and the output is very descent but not as good as my stationary amps. Anything bellow the iqube will have a hard time. If your are a lower ohm version then you got it easier

Jun 23, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 4
have used Pico, Portaphile, Hornet, Tomahawk, Xin Reference and 3Move with my Beyers and all worked quite well. Lower ohm versio not a accurate; which is why some of us buy Beyer Manufactur headphones with 600 ohms

May 29, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
have used Pico, Portaphile, Hornet, Tomahawk, Xin Reference and 3Move with my Beyers and all worked quite well. Lower ohm versio not a accurate; which is why some of us buy Beyer Manufactur headphones with 600 ohms

I'm looking to buy the DT 880's -  600 ohm and the Little Dot MkIII amp.
Are any of these amps noted above battery powered? If not, are any battery powered amps
made that will drive the 600ohm DT 880's?
I'm not looking to do any jogging wearing the 880's 
L3000.gif
 !!!
I would like to be able to sit in the backyard with the 880's with out stringing a LONG extension cord !!

beerchug.gif
  beer-man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back