Portable Music Player That Plays Flac With Album Art + headphone amp
Dec 7, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
i want to inform you that the screen of my Philips Muse just damaged even though i am rarely use it (no more than 12 hours). What a fail product!!

Yeah i went to local shop and knocked the screens of Philips Ariaz and new Sony model (with my neils), and Philips screen was much softer.

Why don't they prefer that scratch proof glass used on hand watches and on Leica M9 display?

Can such glass be touch sensitive?
Oo yes there is SCHOTT LAS80 http://www.mwjournal.com/News/article.asp?HH_ID=AR_9758
but i guess the product needs to last very little so u go and buy another product
mad.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
But flac really sounds so much better than compressed. I used to think that some music is produced coarse,

Flac is compressed.  

For getting album art, google images works pretty well.  

Also, I don't know about power output, but my ipod touch + flac player app can display album artwork, but every once in a while audio playback goes a bit wonky. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
every once in a while audio playback goes a bit wonky. 

Is it only with files that have large resolution album art image inside or just with flac audio file.

ipod touch looks nice, but the 32 Gb version is over the price range for the features i get and don't need and what i don't get.
Maybe ipod classic is good for me so i don't have to change my music on device so often.

Also if device can play any compressed lossless format like ipod can then it's ok.

So bad such a perfect player doesn't have any compressed lossless format Sony X (NWZ-X1061FBSMP)
Is there any alternative players to Sony X ?

I want something in Sony X size + strong body and screen.

The AKG K 702 will arrive soon (got them for US $479 from Amazon)
Now i listen music most time from computer int audio -> Logitech Z-2300 headphone out.
Sound is good, but not that clean and natural like from my portable Phlips MP3 CD player.
And if Intel C2D e4500 CPU is under load then it's bad (mic Logitech z-2300 on max vol) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4PHK4KcgEg

Maybe i buy even external sound card. Why ASUS Xonar Essence ST/X isn't also in external version?
Maybe SE-U55SX.

Also Philips Ariaz has strong body and good size and grip for my hand (yes soft screen), tested it in shop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mT4wHJruiM
16 Gb and that's it, no micro SD HC 32 Gb
-------------------------

Sansa Fuze looks nice but Sandisk doesn't have decades of experience in sound equipment production.

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
1)Is it only with files that have large resolution album art image inside or just with flac audio file.

2)Maybe i buy even external sound card. 

3)Sansa Fuze looks nice but Sandisk doesn't have decades of experience in sound equipment production.

1) I don't think the artwork has anything to do with it cause I noticed it before I figured out how to use album art.  
2) That's probably not a bad idea if you do most of your listening at home with full size cans anyways.
3) Yeah, but they sure get a lot of love around these parts.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back