Portable mini disc?
Aug 1, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #46 of 52
i have rmaa tested my sony 828 for atrack and pcm recording: it is quite good. in fact, when recording and playing back the signal coming from the ipod touch, for some reason it exhibited fewer artifacts.

8gb for pcm recording is by far ease of use without change of disks and losing part of the show. i hated that.

good luck with the mics: sp are good, not the best but for mid money, i cannot suggest better for an all-inclusive bundle. i have used churches audio in the past but... sp are much more professional and i am not only out to save a few pence.

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #47 of 52
god, i am one of these crazy MD owners, have done since 2001 or so. personally i like them, so recently for no other reason than i could got the RH1(impulse buying at it's best). i thought my old one had good SQ but the RH1 is far better. although it ain't perfect due to some of the options for playback not being available without the remote but a minor point.

one thing i could not stand being is one of those people use ipods and the like with them in their pocket with the white cable on the outside having to take them out of their pocket to change tracks.

i prefer the remote option and used the fact that my old one broke as an excuse to get another, the actual player is either clipped to my waist(using the old wallet, new ones don't come with one) or in an inside pocket, far safer as well.

i am sure there is better options out there but i couldn't find it, everything else either does not come with a remote, needs a comp to transfer music or have fixed media. i wanted a simple player/recorder that didn''t have a screen or anything else like that, best i could find IMO was the MD player, who needs thousands of tracks at once for on the go.

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #48 of 52
I only use my HiMD (Not a RH1) for recording. I find the Sony remotes a pain tbh. Cables too long etc. Small tiny buttons. With many flash players they are not much bigger than a remote themselves. I use a Sony A818 and one of the things I like about it that it has buttons I can use in my pocket with out looking at the player itself. Most HiMD controls are too fiddly without the remote IMO. People rave on about the iPods controls but I never liked them tbh.

shigzeo - is your 828 japanese menus only? If I had an engish one that could record I'd get rid of the HiMD.

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #49 of 52
ye, i can see where your coming from, i do like my old Md palyers controls and the remote one while it worked but it's pretty easy now that i get the hang of it.

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #50 of 52
I use R50 paired with audio technica binaural mics and a diy mic battery module to record live.

R50.jpg

I also have a sony ES minidisc deck for recording and playing from digital converters.

JA20ES.jpg

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at which point we will all be carrying around holographic devices no bigger than a ten pence piece lol.

I doubt it, our eyes will always be the same size. We'll always want so much data on a screen.

Of course, we'll always get freaks of nature, but they'll just be that...freaks.

It makes me wonder, just imagine the sort of stuff on players always so big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back