Portable High Capacity FLAC player
Jan 5, 2009 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Mr_Junesequa

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Im looking for a FLAC portable with a fairly large hard drive 20gb+.

Does anyone know of any which are fairly flat when loaded and also have a pretty good sound?

Any which have lineout?

Your help is much appreciated!

J-

Jan 5, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Im looking for a FLAC portable with a fairly large hard drive 20gb+.

Does anyone know of any which are fairly flat when loaded and also have a pretty good sound?

Any which have lineout?

Your help is much appreciated!

J-

Iriver H120 or H140 would be suitable. but it's hard to find any now....

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #4 of 14
anything Cowon with a hard drive will work out great for you. I think pretty much all irivers now have flac, too, but iriver seems to be more flash player oriented than HD player.

If I were you, I would go for the big Cowons.

Then again, you could probably just get anything and Rockbox it. If I'm correct, that generally allows flac compatibility right? somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #6 of 14
A Sansa Fuze will do it. Apparently it can do Lineout but people say the Audio Out is just as flat and no need. I use mine with OGG files (does FLAC though) and have a 16gb card which gives me 24gb of total space.

And yes rockbox anything will give FLAC support. So getting an ipod with a Lineout might be your best option.

To be honest I don't think 20gb of FLAC is really that much. I have about 1500 songs all in FLAC and that takes up about 43gb, while all those songs in OGG q6 take up about 8gb.

pink

Jan 5, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Sansa Fuze will do it. Apparently it can do Lineout but people say the Audio Out is just as flat and no need. I use mine with OGG files (does FLAC though) and have a 16gb card which gives me 24gb of total space.

And yes rockbox anything will give FLAC support. So getting an ipod with a Lineout might be your best option.

To be honest I don't think 20gb of FLAC is really that much. I have about 1500 songs all in FLAC and that takes up about 43gb, while all those songs in OGG q6 take up about 8gb.

pink

Can you Rockbox Ipod (Gen 2) Touch models? I'm just asking because I'm also in the market for a new DAP/PMP.

Thanx!

Jan 5, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 14
I'm currently using a 5.5 gen. iPod with Rockbox and am quite pleased.
k701smile.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #9 of 14
5.5G iPod and Rockbox. I would look no further...

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 14
Sansa Fuse has support for FLAC and OGG right out of the box. The players sell a maximum capacity of 8 Gb, but you can add a 16Gb micro SDHC card for a total of 24 Gb. I hear the card integrates seamlessly with the player.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron5604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you Rockbox Ipod (Gen 2) Touch models? I'm just asking because I'm also in the market for a new DAP/PMP.

Thanx!

No.

pink

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #13 of 14
CAN SOMEBODY BAN THIS TEAMDRINK GUY ???

ALSO DELETE HIS 20 SIMILAR POSTS ABOUT HIS FLAC SITE , SO THAT THE SUB-THREAD RETURNS TO ITS PREVIOUS , NORMAL ORDER.

THANK YOU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back