Portable Headphones
Aug 15, 2008 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TheChoster

Head-Fier
Hello

Im looking for portable headphones, but not in the sense of IEMs but a full size.
The problem is with size and isolation. I would prefer a full size closed headphone or a smaller, pint sized open headphone as the isolation can be sacrificed for a portability. I am looking for the price of ~200, the smaller the better

My music genres are extremely diverse. I go from anything to classical to hip hop to metal to opera, etc. So I suppose a well balance headphone is wanted, but more than anything it should just be...fun!

These will come from a Ipod and a RSA Tommahawk.

Thanks mucho
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #2 of 9
Portable full-sized headphones? So, you don't want to stick anything in your ears (i.e., no earbuds, no canalphones)? Or do you just not want IEMs? And does "full-sized" mean "circumaural"? Or is supra-aural OK too?

Nov 8, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 9
Alot of headphones do also fold up and can be transported by they are of coz huge...

BOSE On-Ear is semi-open design very portable and comfortable. at 143grams with cables but SQ is not great for the price.

Then you have the Audio Technica ES3, ES55, ES7, and ESW9 headphones that are not that heavy and smallish.

Nov 8, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 9
Ultrasone's closed headphones seem to be popular on here as they fold.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultrasone's closed headphones seem to be popular on here as they fold.

Haha everything Ultrasone is massive and heavier >200Grams, i know i got the Pro 750. and its HUGE :p even thou it has an case right the case is also massive, the iCan is portable enough thou, but i wont recommend it for the sound.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 9
K271S
tongue.gif

what kind of sound are you looking for / what are you using now?
the es7 is a very nice fun headphone, but is not circumaural. it gives somewhat decent isolation, so city 'noise' is covered, but you hear the traffic etc.

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #8 of 9
es7 is pint-sized (whatever that is
tongue.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back