Portable headphones under $30...
Mar 23, 2005 at 8:00 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2
I'm up either to get this, or Sony MDR-EX81s...
What do you guys think is better?

Ive never heard the EX81.... but I SERIOUSLY doubt it will scale up to to amplification with an impedence adapter as well as the KSC.

Enjoy the KSC75s theyre a great bargain.

My brother just gave me $30 as an early easter gift. I drive past circuit city every day coming home from work... I have a relly hard time restraining myself from those portapro2's.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

What do I do?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Garrett

Mar 23, 2005 at 8:18 AM Post #18 of 25
Hey whats the difference between the portapro and portapro2? I to saw them in Circut City and only didnt get them because I wasnt sure about the "2" version. I always wanted to hear the portapro's since everyone talks so highly of them and they are only $29.

Mar 23, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by waltermeyer
Hey whats the difference between the portapro and portapro2? I to saw them in Circut City and only didnt get them because I wasnt sure about the "2" version. I always wanted to hear the portapro's since everyone talks so highly of them and they are only $29.

The2 doesnt have the temple pressure adjustment. the Porta, has a small slider on the side that adjusts temple pressure relative to earpad pressure. You might also want to consider the sportapro. its lighter than either PP or PP2 (I believe) and can be configured to streetstyle.

Garrett

Mar 23, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
The2 doesnt have the temple pressure adjustment. the Porta, has a small slider on the side that adjusts temple pressure relative to earpad pressure. You might also want to consider the sportapro. its lighter than either PP or PP2 (I believe) and can be configured to streetstyle.

Garrett

I thought the only difference was that it was cheaper and the colour is black instead of that navy blue.

Mar 23, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillD

Under $30.
No earbuds.
Fairly comfortble.
I prefer a neutral sound, not too bass or high heavy.

This description corresponds to my HD457 !
Very good sound ( for the price of course), and really a very neutral sound.
I like it for listen music on a discman ( it's not tiring ), and for playing on my computer !

Probably one of the best quality/price you can found !

For the look, that depends of yours personal tastes. It has a good comfort because it's light. And last but not least, it's nearly unbreakable ( it has fallen thousand time on the floor )

(I don't know other headphone for it, probably, there are sony, koss, or other good headphones )

Mar 23, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2
I thought the only difference was that it was cheaper and the colour is black instead of that navy blue.

Nope... the PP2 does not have that tension adjustment on the side.

Mar 24, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #24 of 25
Glad you're happy.. You might want to try and use the impedance trick (using a 75ohm adapter) if you're using an amp..

(Currently using KSC-55 streetstyle > 75ohm adapter > Ipod Mini).

PS: and oh, you might want to buy extra pads for it.. Mine got wasted in a few months of use...

Mar 28, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaack
Glad you're happy.. You might want to try and use the impedance trick (using a 75ohm adapter) if you're using an amp..

(Currently using KSC-55 streetstyle > 75ohm adapter > Ipod Mini).

PS: and oh, you might want to buy extra pads for it.. Mine got wasted in a few months of use...

Where can you get pads for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back