Portable headphones for work.
Jun 20, 2010 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
Hi

After a set of portable (ie sennheiser 125s too big!) headphones to compliment my klipsch image x1s that I use at work.  Some days I find that iems are too much of a hassle to keep taking in an out due to people at work (some days I'm left alone for most of the day, others interrupted every 20 minutes or so!).  Would be nice if they had the ability to block out other people talking (bloody irritating when I'm trying to concentrate).

Listen to progressive rock and podcasts/audiobooks on a second gen ipod touch.  Been looking at akgs and the like.  The forum favourite of the moment the athm50 is a whopping £134 or so over here in the uk!  Would have to be closed back to avoid annoying others.
Budget around £100 or so.

Cheers

Jun 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 4
If you want earbuds, you have to consider (or even better, buy them) the Yuin PK2's! They sound amazing and i find myself using that more than my SE530's. I got a pair from eBay for about $85AUD delivered.

I use it with my iPhone and at 50% vol, it pretty much blocks all voices and what not, typically i only have it at 30-35% in offices and 50-70% outdoors.

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back