Portable Headphones 250$ Under
Apr 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bobbert

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm looking for a "nice" (bass heavy w/o drowning out TOO MUCH of the vocals (mids?)). I want something that can fold up and looks nice, but I can deal without the folding up part :p. I heard about the V-MODA M-80s and I like them but I heard they don't have a bass that will fit my liking. They can be on ear or over ear.
Cheers!

EDIT: I have a pair of cans for home use - I'm looking for something that I can mainly play on my iPod (32 ohms or lower)

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #8 of 8
I am essentially looking for the same type of bassy headphone as you. The following pro/con lists are based on cans I own and my daily commute criteria:

-ATH-M50

pros: I love love the sound; good isolation; very foldable

cons: cumbersome (coiled) cable; a tad large and goofy-looking (at least on me) for public use

-Creative Aurvana Live!

pros: sound quality & looks are adequate; comfy; small

cons: not foldable; very poor isolation

-ATH-ES7

pros: small; foldable; its looks turn heads

cons: poor isolation; sound quality not quite up to par; I know it's also a pro, but...its looks turn heads lol sometimes I don't want to stand out so much.

Aiaiai TMA-1, Senn HD25-1 II, and Phiaton MS 400 are basically the top 3 I'd like to demo, but I don't know of any place to go try them. I can't stand the looks of the V-Moda M-80. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back