Portable Headphone Amp Upgrade for iPod Classic
Feb 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Wow that is quite the difference in genres. I never thought someone could like hit music and Mozart.

I don't listen to a lot of Mozart but I do like classical at times. All those genres are dependent on mood.

Sometimes I just want the most beautiful sounding stuff

I hit up The Eagles, live recordings, bi aural recordings, and classical, and Fleetwood mac

when that happens.

When I want to pump it, I switch to speakers and let the newest lil wayne and EDM pump out.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:
I don't listen to a lot of Mozart but I do like classical at times. All those genres are dependent on mood.

Sometimes I just want the most beautiful sounding stuff

I hit up The Eagles, live recordings, bi aural recordings, and classical, and Fleetwood mac

when that happens.

When I want to pump it, I switch to speakers and let the newest lil wayne and EDM pump out.

I listen to almost exclusively Jazz, but I have all of deadmau5's, C418's, and Skrillex's albums. I don't like Skrillex as much, but I love slower songs by deadmau5 like Strobe and his early albums are my favorite because they are just so much different than all electronic music! C418 made the music for Minecraft and has a lot of great music for listening to when playing Minecraft (what a surprise!) and it's also really calming. I still have some alternative rock like Alexisonfire and metal left over from before I started listening to jazz.

I now declare this thread officially derailed.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

I listen to almost exclusively Jazz, but I have all of deadmau5's, C418's, and Skrillex's albums. I don't like Skrillex as much, but I love slower songs by deadmau5 like Strobe and his early albums are my favorite because they are just so much different than all electronic music! C418 made the music for Minecraft and has a lot of great music for listening to when playing Minecraft (what a surprise!) and it's also really calming. I still have some alternative rock like Alexisonfire and metal left over from before I started listening to jazz.

I now declare this thread officially derailed.

Oh yes Jazz. I am geting interested in it. I just saw a series Sakamichi no Apollon and it got me very interested in jazz.

All I ask of you
Breakin A Sweat
Summit

Are probably the songs you may like from Skrillex? They have more sonic weight to them then just DROP!

Welcome to head fi! Your threads will always derail!

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:
Oh yes Jazz. I am geting interested in it. I just saw a series Sakamichi no Apollon and it got me very interested in jazz.

All I ask of you
Breakin A Sweat
Summit

Are probably the songs you may like from Skrillex? They have more sonic weight to them then just DROP!

Welcome to head fi! Your threads will always derail!

I know all of his songs, but I really don't like his new album.

My favorite jazz artists:

Benny Goodman

Chet Baker

Glenn Miller

Miles Davis

Stan Getz

Woody Herman

Louis Armstrong

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

I know all of his songs, but I really don't like his new album.

My favorite jazz artists:

Benny Goodman

Chet Baker

Glenn Miller

Miles Davis

Stan Getz

Woody Herman

Louis Armstrong

I'm doing light demo'ing of Miles Davis and Art Blakey right now based off what I saw in the show.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #21 of 39
How would The National sound with electronic music? I occasionally listen to deadmau5, and I'm just not sure about warm tube sound (not actual tubes, but it's supposed to sound very similar to The Continental) + electronic music.

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #23 of 39
Ok, so I now have $350 sitting in my PayPal. $350.00 absolute tops including shipping, so probably $300.00 for the actual amp. What would people recommend most? I have been having second thoughts about The National. I'm just not sure. Are there any other recommendations? I want a considerable upgrade from the E11, so I'm not really interested in the C&C (Seems more like FOTM than anything else). I'll be using mostly the ATH-M35 & R-50, but as a fair reference, let's assume I'm using the ATH-M50s that I have (I consider the ATH-M35 and M50 nearly identical in sound).

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:
EVERYTHING.

No joke

samples from different genres

The Eagles
Cake
Fleetwood Mac
Pink Floyd
Beatles
Run DMC
Aerosmith
Poison
Mozart

Linkin Park
Rise Against
Sixx A.M
Nickleback
Good Charlotte
Fall out Boy
Panic at the Disco
Green Day
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold

Pendulum
Skirllex
UKR

Fort Miner
Metaform
Eminem
50 Cent
Dr.Dre
Nikki Minaji
Lil Wayne
Justin Derulo (however you spell it)
Katy Perry
Kanye West

Alan
Ayumi Hamasaki
Hatsune Miku
Jia Peng Fang
Ito Yuna
Angela Aki
DJ Owakawari
L'arc en ciel
T.M Revolution
FLOW
Girls Generation 
2NE1
AKB48

I still hold my personal opinion on that.

Good to know that someone else also like Angela Aki too.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #26 of 39
Apr 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #28 of 39
It is SIMPLY AMAZING. 

Blue has been out for half a year so it's not new but it depends on if you were following it closely.

Let's just say that I found cdjapan a bit too late...

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #30 of 39
Get on it. The songs are absolutely awesome if you like her.

I will, and pretty much anything from her is an automatic buy for me :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back