Portable & durable Headphones for busrides?!
Jan 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dedee

New Head-Fier
Hey,

right now I'm looking for new headphones to wear on long bus rides and such. My budget is about 50 $ and the most important things for me are 1. Comfort 2. Durability/Price 3. Portability. I need a headphone that isn't too big, because I'll have to be able to fit it in my bag. (It'd be nice if it is collapsable, but it'd be alright if its just not too big, too) I don't know why, but in the past, a lot of in-earphones slowly died on me (I once heard that this has something to do with pulling out the plug out of the 3.5mm jack, is that true?!) and I don't want that to happen with these new headphones. I'm not sure about headphones, because the reviews on amazon are just so randomly (some say they are awesome, some say they're total junk) so I thought I'd just ask here. So any suggestions?! (I've considered things like the skullcandy lowrider, but then I read some horrible things about skullcandy online, so I changed my mind ...)

Thanks in advance!

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #2 of 2
I used and heavily abused these:
http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-inMotion-iM716-Headphones/dp/B000BKE8QQ

for about 3 years until they stopped working.  I would wear them during runs on the beach in the salty air, doing Jiu Jitsu drills, I dropped my mp3 player dozens of times while it hung from the cable like a pendulum.  So they are pretty durable.  And I thought that the clip on the backside of the mic adjustment piece was a good feature, when running I used to clip it to my shirt so that the cables wouldn't bounce off of me and make noise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back