Portable desert setup "Iraq Sand" Halp
Apr 15, 2011 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sn4ke1

New Head-Fier
I am looking at getting a decent set up "Portable w/IPod" + Amp + IEM's or Phones just not sure

Sand / Wind is the number one issue
IEM's probably safer to go with and if I don't need an amp then w/e just lemme know whats up

Big Sennheiser fan for whatever reason they have always treated me right "Hd 650's" at the moment

Just looking for input as to what i should get this will be for an Ipod Touch which I already have

$300-$500 limit and needs APO shipping which is not a big deal but some people are like OMG APO no wai USPS flat rate box way to go

Plz and Thanks love <3

all music is 320 or v0

edit: yea I posted in the full size forum :frowning2:

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 5
No worries, I just dropped this into the portable forum. :)

HD-650s would be nice, but they need an amp and I don't know if you'd want them around a lot of wind and sand.

Why not treat yourself to some nice custom IEMs? I'm not too up on them, but that's the direction I'd take. With lots of wind, I'd want the isolation.

Also, good luck over there.

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 5
dude i did 2 deployments to Iraq and i rocked Sure 530's and UE Triple fi's and both did fine.  i went through 2 sets of cables on the Triples and actually went through 2 sets of 530's.  the cables took a dump on me with the triples cause of the temp fluxuation going from 140+ to about 80 in my trailer everyday.  so i would say for upkeep sake, go with the triples, but then again you seem to like Sennhieser a lot and they tend to have a warmer sound, which is what the 530's offer.  if you are worried about sand being an issue its not that big of a deal.  as long as you clean you phones at monthly or even bi weekly you are golden.  oh and btw the 530's broke cause i was sleeping with them in and i rolled over on them for like 6 months straight.  the seal helped block out the booms in the night LOL. 

as far as an amp goes, im new to that too, i picked up my Icon Mobile off amazon on my second tour and am still using it today.  actually helps with clarity alot if u get a LOD cable.  and yes some vendors on amazon will ship to apo unless they have changed their policy within the past year.  i would give the Fiio E7 a try, i might pick one up next paycheck cause people are saying good things about it.  anyways man i hope i helped you out a bit with my noobie input.  and good luck and THANK YOU FOR SERVING!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back