Portable DAP for Exercising?
Oct 31, 2010 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Maven

New Head-Fier
I'm finally motivated to exercising again (walking/jogging/weight lifting). Which DAP would you suggest for exercising? I was thinking about getting one of the new 16GB nanos, but thought I might be able to get a better sounding DAP for around the same price. I looked at few DAPs in the Cowon line, but wasn't sure which ones I should consider. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 7
Sansa Clip/Clip+.

A think the Nano's touch screen would be more a of nuisance while you are trying to exercise. It's easier to use a tactile button in my opinion.

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 7
I actually like my shuffle for gym use or running. It doesn't have a large capacity as it is only 1GB but I got it for free and planned on using it as a backup but I still like it. It's the 3G nano I believe and is smaller than the clip, a bit lighter although it does hiss with my Livewires but can't remember how much hiss the clip+ had when I owned that.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Clip+, although I use the Fuze.  I have a nice Headroom bag that clips onto by waist that makes it easy to carry the Fuze with the amp and keep the whole works out of my sweaty pockets.

I am always amazed at the people with the full size Apples strapped to their arms.  Doesn't that get tiring?  What if you smash it on something?  With a Clip, you're just out $50 instead of $200+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back