portable balanced amp/dac combo for 2.5mm balanced headphones?
Jul 8, 2021 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone,
I have owned my meze 99 classic for years now with satisfaction. I use it with my dragonfly red. But i also use the red with my computer and sicne apple now provides higher hires rates then the dragonfly can support and i also wanted to try balanced i am looking into buying meze's balanced cable but now need to check which amp/dac i should get.
Of course it needs to support the full hires signals. I dont need mqa but its nice.
The cable i will get has 2.5mm connector but i guess i could use an adapter if the amp does not support this but another balanced connector instead.
But: what are my options?
It needs to be transportable at least. Want to connect it to my iphone through the camera adapter kit.
I want to look at the hwole field so dont have a budget in mind as of yet.
The only amp that ticks these requirementss ofar tha ti have found is the earman sparrow.
Any info about possible other alternative options would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 11, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 3
i would recommend either the fiio q3 or btr5. having tried both, the q3 sounds better but is bulkier than the btr5 and doesn't have bluetooth. i went for the latter as i got a desktop setup, and preferred its convenience as a portable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back