Portable Amplifier (~£100 UK) for Etymotic ER4-S?
Mar 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Amar1990

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

First off I am a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of thing, so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I know there are a few threads already discussing portable amplifiers for the Etymotic ER4-S', however most of them are out of my price range or unavailable in the UK.

So I've owned my ER-4P's (Yes P's) for a while now, and have fallen in love. I know the ER4-S is an upgrade, so I plan on buying the ER4-P -> S converter cable. I've heard that the S is harder to drive though, in comparison to the P.

I am using a Sansa Clip Zip as my player, which has more than enough power to satisfy me at the moment with my ER4-P...

Any thoughts on the situation? According to most of my reading, I will need an amp for the ER4-S' to get anywhere near their potential.

I'm looking around the £100 mark, but could stretch to £150 if needs be..(I'm not under any false impression that this will be the close to the best I can get) preferably something small too! I have a PA2V2...but I managed to break it by dropping it (It served me well! I may try and fix it when I get round to it..) *EDIT* Also, I'd need to be able to get it to the UK.. :)

Any input would be appreciated, whether it be just personal experiences or suggestions to educating me further in the area to better my decision.

Many, Many thanks

Amar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back