Portable AMP under 100$ for Yuin PK1 ?
Mar 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jenia1

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Guys, so im thinking about upgrading my PK2 to PK1 after a 4-5 years old great service done by the PK2s.
Ofcourse, heres  where the AMP comes in the picture and sadly i do not understand much about AMPs. is it possible to find a decent AMP below the 100$ mark so i still can have enought money for food? :D  currently im using IPod Classic 80GB,
im mostly interested in the " Underground " type on non-commercial AMPs since it seems like they offer a higher price/payout ratio, but ofcourse i can be wrong on that, so any advice will be highly appriciated.
Thanks in advance.
Jenia.

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, the FiiO E11 is the mainstream choice. It is $60. The C&C BH is widely considered to be one of the best budget amps, right at $100. The "non-commercial" choice would be to build a CMoy. I'm not very well versed in the different models-check out the DIY section. Be sure to use an LOD with whatever you end up with.

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for the reply. will the be a big difference between the FiiO E11 and the C&C BH? i mean im not an audio freak :D so i dont have much to compare it with but if i plug the Yuin PK1 to the FiiO and the C&C will the difference in sound worth another 40$ is it that crucial?
P.S how about the UDAC2 HP and mini3?
Thank You. 

Mar 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Thank you for the reply. will the be a big difference between the FiiO E11 and the C&C BH? i mean im not an audio freak :D so i dont have much to compare it with but if i plug the Yuin PK1 to the FiiO and the C&C will the difference in sound worth another 40$ is it that crucial?
P.S how about the UDAC2 HP and mini3?
Thank You. 

Well, I would say you could tell a difference between the C&C BH and the E11. Whether that is worth an extra $40 depends on whether you have an extra $40 to spend. Also, one of the major things the BH has going for it is the insane battery life-around 80 hours runtime. Also, the E11 cannot play while charging. Usually not a big deal, but can be annoying.

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Well, I would say you could tell a difference between the C&C BH and the E11. Whether that is worth an extra $40 depends on whether you have an extra $40 to spend. Also, one of the major things the BH has going for it is the insane battery life-around 80 hours runtime. Also, the E11 cannot play while charging. Usually not a big deal, but can be annoying.

Yeah, basically after reading some more, the insane battery life and the physical size tells me i should go for the C&C even when comparing to the FiiO E12 !!
P.S. any impressions about the Mini3 ?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back