Portable Amp to compliment ATH-Pro700MK2's
Mar 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Leon Dota

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm mostly looking for exactly what the title says. I have a new pair of ATH-Pro700MK2 Anniversary Edition's, and I only recently found out about portable amps. If you don't know, the Pro700MK2's have some of the biggest bass on the market. Normally this means the mids/highs are very weak, but the Pro700MK2's have improved vastly in that department since their were originally produced. Still though, they are not the greatest ever.

So I'm looking for a portable amp that compliments the sound profile of the Pro700MK2's. Something that boots the mids/highs a bit. I don't really know anything about amps right now, so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Many thanks in advance!

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #8 of 8
id definitely be voting for a fiio e11, if bass, shaking-bass, is what you're looking for~

just to share, i have a pair of sony xb700s.

and then, found out about the pro700mk2, so i kinda regret my earlier purchase becoz people are saying the mk2s have mega bass.

so went to jaben to give em a try, and i was disappointed. it had none the amount of bass my xb700s have.

paired with fiio e11, i always get the amount of seismic bass i want, especially with bass heavy music such as dubstep.

anyway, if it works in the bass department for my xb700s. it should do the same for mk2s~

oh yea.. and about the ZO2. bass? it gets too grainy and distorted before you get the amount of bass you want. tried it before deciding it against the e11.

just go with the e11. doesnt disappoint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back