Portable Amp Recommendation
Oct 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 21
I hear the fiio e7 is quite nice and would do nicely.

Sent from my thunderbolt using tapatalk pro.

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 21
Ibasso T3d, Fiio E11, E10, Nuforce icon mobile, Mini3 and D4.

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #8 of 21
Portable as in easy to carry around or as in on the road?

If you're gonna be using the amp on the road, then E10 is out as it doesn't have a battery..

I'd suggest E11.

E11 is said to be a little warmer then E7 (Which is a DAC/AMP combo, and slightly bigger).
Therefore, E11 will have a better synergy with TF10s..

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #9 of 21

Quote:
Portable as in easy to carry around or as in on the road?

If you're gonna be using the amp on the road, then E10 is out as it doesn't have a battery..

I'd suggest E11.

E11 is said to be a little warmer then E7 (Which is a DAC/AMP combo, and slightly bigger).

portable that is easy to carry around.

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 21
Thanks to all of you guys.

I'm still digging and reading reviews about the portable amps that you guys suggested.

Thanks again 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #11 of 21

Quote:
Go with the E7 if you also need a DAC component, if not, the E10.

Please do your research before Posting, your post is misguiding. The E10 is a DAC/Amp. Only go for the E7 if you intend to use it with a portable player. If you plan to use it with Laptop/Computer. The E10 is much better than the E7 in terms of sound. 

From http://www.headfonia.com/the-latest-must-have-the-fiio-e10-usb-dacamp/

Comparing to the Fiio E7, and again I easily prefer the E10 by a large margin. Fuller mids, fuller bass, better vocals with the E10. The E7 on other hand sounded thin in the mids and lows and though the midrange seemed clearer, at the same time I also hear the midrange to be more constricted on the E7. Well, midrange is where the soul of the music lies, and so it’s a very easy choice between the E7 and the E10. You know what the best news is? The E10 actually will retail for $80, cheaper than the E7 and significantly cheaper than the Audinst.

According to James at Fiio, they were able to sell the E10 for a lower price than the E7 as they didn’t use an OLED screen, MCU, battery, and the dock that the E7 has. What’s more, the TE2077 receiver on the E10 is capable of 24/96 over USB and indeed it works at 24/96. Another function that you get with the E10 is that you can use it as a USB – S/PDIF converter, a handy feature considering the price of the E10.

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #12 of 21
If you can increase your range a bit the UHA4 would be your best bet. This amp competes with amps in the $400.00 range BTW. You can call it the arrow killer.

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #13 of 21

Quote:

Yes indeed, in fact, E11 works best with my B2, it is a warm sounding amp, paired with my GR07, while it gives a better bass, it makes the high and mid even warmer

Oct 31, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #15 of 21

Quote:
Not to thread deviate, but would you recommend the E7 given the limitations mentioned? I have a pair of jh13s and am also looking for a decent amp/dac combo that is portable?

Get a UHA4, nothing less than that to power those JH13s. They are harder to drive as they are complex BA drivers. You won't regret it. The E7 won't power them efficiently. If you want to spend more money then maybe the TTVJ Slim would work nicely. I bet the UHA4 would more than do and you'd save money at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back