Portable Amp Recommendation
Oct 31, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #17 of 21

Quote:
Deviating a bit, but does the E11 work as a DAC with the E9 desktop amp?

If it does, is there some heavy configuring needed to make them work together?

No the E11 is not a DAC its just an amp. You'd need to get an E10 which would have both the amp and DAC within one device. Or get the E7 with an E9. Or you could always buy a better DAC and connect it to the E9 amp via 3.5 which is what I did with my DACport LX and E9 amp. The E7 was a bottleneck to the E9 and didn't utilize the potential of the E9 amp due to this.

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
Now you're getting me more confused with the choices hehehe
Thanks.

Well think of it this way. Why pay less now to just want the better item later and end up spending more money anyways lol. That's what happened to me. I'm quite happy with my UHA4 amp now. Not planning on upgrading in the portable amp department for quite some time. I did have the E7 and actually just sold it yesterday lol. Check out the UHA4 thread and also check out battlebrats review on the UHA4 vs headstage arrow (which is over $100.00 more than the UHA4 and doesn't sound as good either).

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #20 of 21
If your an iphone 4 user you might want to seriously consider the http://ifuzen.com/. It adds battery capacity to your iPhone, is a case, and a dual headphone out amp that is designed to have a tube like sound through it's opamps. Plus the signal to noise ratio is very good and it's power ratings are very good for a portable amp.

I have one on order myself so can not say what it sounds like but have talked with one very knowledgable head-fi members who is very impressed with it so far.

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #21 of 21
    Quote:
If your an iphone 4 user you might want to seriously consider the http://ifuzen.com/. It adds battery capacity to your iPhone, is a case, and a dual headphone out amp that is designed to have a tube like sound through it's opamps. Plus the signal to noise ratio is very good and it's power ratings are very good for a portable amp.

I have one on order myself so can not say what it sounds like but have talked with one very knowledgable head-fi members who is very impressed with it so far.

Yes, I will be using my iPhone 4. :frowning2: another confusion hehehe

--

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back