portable amp or headphone upgrade?
Jun 13, 2008 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

robinclp

100+ Head-Fier
so here's the deal...

I've got an sr80 and a e4c straight from an ipod classic...

which should i get first? a portable amp or better headphones?

I was thinking maybe hd595/600 or a corda2move port amp...

which would I get a larger improvement? Any other suggestions are welcome

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 8
I would say the Corda.

It will let you appreciate what equipment you have to a much greater extent. Plus, it will give you room for future upgrades. I would say that anything beyong an SR-80 and not amping is just not going to yeild results.

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 8
I agree with the amp purchase. When I used E4 I could hear an improvement using line out from iPod into a decent portable amp...I forget which one I was using at the time.

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say the Corda.

It will let you appreciate what equipment you have to a much greater extent. Plus, it will give you room for future upgrades. I would say that anything beyong an SR-80 and not amping is just not going to yeild results.

X2

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 8
I would improve the IEMs first. With the headphones you have, the improvement from the amp will be much smaller than the improvement from upgrading headphones.

If you already had an amp, the harder to drive HD600s would be a good bet, but as it stands I'd say get better IEMs, or better headphones that are easy to drive, unless you want to get better headphones *and* the amp to drive them properly.

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=-
I would say the Corda.

X3 !!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back