Portable Amp for Ultrasone Pro 900
Apr 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

b3nlau

New Head-Fier
Hey I want to ask, I'm very interested in buying a ultrasone pro 900 - but I dont' know what type of amp I should be be going for or whether I would need and amp or not.

I'm thinking of using the pro 900 on the go so a portable amp is a must. What amps would people suggset? Is there a big difference using an amped pro 900 and a normal pro 900 out of an ipod? any info would be great thanks!

May 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 6
Have you tried the search function? :O
There have been tons of threads like this. Every time I visit this sub-forum, it seems like there's a new thread asking for an amp to go with the PRO 900.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but it gets kinda annoying that people don't use the search function and immediately start a new thread when the same exact topic/questions have been covered multiple times in previous threads.

That said, here is a link with similar topics:
http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=ultrasone+900+amp

You are kinda contradicting yourself. First you say you don't know whether you need an amp or not and in the next sentence you're saying "an amp is a must."

To me, a portable setup should be kept as small as possible. 
You'll have to ask yourself how portable you want your setup to be. An amp adds additional weight and bulk to the setup.
When I'm out on the streets, I don't carry an amp with me, for the sake of portability.
But when I'm traveling around and use the train, I usually have a backpack with me.
That's when I carry an amp with me.

And yes, adding a decent amp to your iPod should make a noticeable difference.

May 1, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 6
For headphones (not earbuds) an amp is very nessisary, id get (depending on how big you want the amp,etc) an RSA protector or something my RSA. If you didnt want that big of an amp you could get a TTVJ Slim or Pico.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back