Portable amp for Sansa Clip + Moded Fostex T50RP
May 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dub123

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I wanted to understand if someone is running a similar setup and if clip + would really benefit from an amp.
If so can you please share your views on amps you have with same/similar setup ?

Stock T50RP was alright but after the modifications I "feel" it can do better with an amp. I would want an amp to not alter the sound signature and have at least 18-20 hrs of battery life. Apart from the Fostex I have TP10 and Phonak PFE but both are driven quiet well by clip+.

Thanks

May 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 5
I have a Clip+ attached to a desktop amp (Creek) and FWIW,  comparing the sound  through it to the unattached Clip, I notice an improvement in body and clarity through the amp at the same perceived volume. The bass portion seems to have the most improvement. As a result I'm going for a portable amp. Good luck.

May 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 5
I have a Sansa Clip+ paired with the JDS Labs C421 portable amp.

I don't have the Fostex T50rp, but I have the Beyerdynamic DT1350, and they have similar ohm specs (50ohm and 80ohm)....

the JDS C421 definitely helps the Beyer DT1350's  compared to using the Sansa Clip+ only...night and day difference...

the C421 has been replaced by the JDS Labs C5....

May 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Look into the C&C BH as well, it gets high marks around here.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back