portable amp for ie8
Sep 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #16 of 34
it seems that P3+ is my favourite, but i have not had decided yet if i will use it with imod or ipod, because its hard to hunt out ipod 5G or 5.5G. so what could be solution if i ll be using ipod not imod. it meens dac+amp and still portable. if it is inevitably.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #17 of 34
what do you need a DAC for from your ipod? you only need a DAC if ur portable device can send out a digital signal through USB, Optical or COAXial. an ipod cant. so you only need an amp

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 34
oh pardon, i forgot
biggrin.gif
, you re exactly right. sorry for the cut off my head.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what do you need a DAC for from your ipod? you only need a DAC if ur portable device can send out a digital signal through USB, Optical or COAXial. an ipod cant. so you only need an amp

if he has an imod he should get a portable vcap

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if he has an imod he should get a portable vcap

yeah so he could carry it in a groacarystorebag and go from portable to towable. Get an amp, a P3+ size or a T4. nothing bigger. The sound difference will not be worth the portability if you get a vCap a lisa 3 with power running balanced cables to your ie8.

Sep 20, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #21 of 34
My IE8`s and Fii0 E5 sound excellent. Cheap amp as well.

Sep 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My IE8`s and Fii0 E5 sound excellent. Cheap amp as well.

What exactly does the IE8 benefit from the E5? I'm looking on the same combo, my IE8 should arrive in a few days, gonna pair it up with my Nokia 5800 and I might get the E5.

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #24 of 34
I use the LOD but I just used the amp via the heaphone out socket and then with the phones directly into the headphone out.
Without the amp, sound is good but the mid bass seems a bit bloaty and the mids seem just a bit too prominent. With the amp it makes each part of Radioheads jigsaw falling into place seem right.
There isn`t a massive difference but I can hear a difference.
The sound at extremely loud via the amp also sounds good.
Mark has the amp, maybe he could give his 2ps worth.

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #27 of 34
@mark2410: what is your source for icon mobile and ie8? and icon mobile is amp with dac, so couldnt be amp without dac better solution for ie8?

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by winwin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So for the IE8, the fiio is just to make it louder?

I use it because I use the LOD of my itouch and need "an amp".
If you are just using your phone then I suppose no need for it.
I stand by saying it is a good amp but only if an amp is required.
To me it does more than just just making things louder, I think it subtlety keeps the sound in proportion.
If the Icon mobile amp was massively better I would get it but only Mark can say so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back