Portable amp for HD600's
Jan 11, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #31 of 37
yes time IS money and in this case, time = less money

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #33 of 37
yeah I already got that, well your choices are very limited then

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by field /img/forum/go_quote.gif
time is money. i AINT ever gonna try to build one myself that is ludicris.

No, that's not ludicris... this is lud[a]cris:

141251__03ludicris_l.jpg

What you were referring to is known as "ludicrous"... though not, in fact, because DIY is often a good solution on a limited budget.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #35 of 37
that also depends on if the OP has the ability or not to build something.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by field /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok so the MK1+

Little Dot MK I+ Portable Headphone Amps : hi-end headphone amplifier

the vividtech V1

vividaudiotech.com - Headphone Amplifiers

and then eyeballing possibly that Tomohawk one though its a bit more $$$ than what i would like.

im sure that FiQuest one is really great and all but for me its just too much money and i would really like to order something today so i get it before next weekend.

so you guys dont think i could really go wrong getting that MK 1+ as far as portables are concerned do you?

and looking at the specs it says 200mW power output, and then the HD600s you say have a max power input of 200mW

then this device says its suitable headphone impedance is 8-300ohms and the HD600s have a 300ohm impedance if that makes any difference. so this device SHOULD work just fine with these?

is this MK1+ going to ship from somewhere in the US if i get it? or is it actually coming from china?

If you buy direct from Little Dot then yeah it's shipped from China.

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that also depends on if the OP has the ability or not to build something.

ive soldered together some stuff in electronics when i went to tech school but really for me it is boring stuff, then my income is such where i dont need to waffle over a few dollars and rig something together because its 'fun'...i'd much rather pay money for an amp that was made by a professional that has lots of experience and knows what they are doing so i have something that works really well and will last me as long as possible. Cause im sure the computer that you are using right now you built the motherboard on it yourself.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back