Portable Amp/Dac for Signature DJs
Jan 26, 2014 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Taistelu-Jaska

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I've been lurking Head-fi for quite a while now and recently bought a pair of Ultrasone Signature DJs for portable use. Now i'm searching for a portable amp/dac to further improve my current setup (xperia z1>firestone fireye mini+>sigdj). To my knowledge, SigDjs don't really need a heavy duty amp to driven sufficiently, so really what I'm looking for is an amp with good synergy with the headphones (Maybe a slighly mid forward amp to to help SigDj's recessed low mids?). The size/portablity and durability of the amp are also important since it's going to be used 90% on the go. Additionally, the amp(/dac) should preferably be battery powered and have low enough output impendace for 32 ohm phones.

I've been looking at a few options: (in no particular order)
Jds C5D
Headstage Arrow 4g + Stoner UD110v2 (durability and availability: ?)
Leckerton Uha-6mkii or Uha4+UD110v2
Meier-audio pcstep (dac quality?) or Meier-audio 2step+UD110v2
Ibasso D42
Fiio E18
ifi nano series
or any other amp + dac combo in 250€ price range. (Feel free to suggest anything
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Mine work perfectly with the Fiio e18 and people say that the V-moda Verza is also a great match. The E18 lacks a tiny bit of resolution on the Mids though(its tiny), but other than that it is perfect, it really tightens up the bass

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #4 of 4
  Hello!
I've been lurking Head-fi for quite a while now and recently bought a pair of Ultrasone Signature DJs for portable use. Now i'm searching for a portable amp/dac to further improve my current setup (xperia z1>firestone fireye mini+>sigdj). To my knowledge, SigDjs don't really need a heavy duty amp to driven sufficiently, so really what I'm looking for is an amp with good synergy with the headphones (Maybe a slighly mid forward amp to to help SigDj's recessed low mids?). The size/portablity and durability of the amp are also important since it's going to be used 90% on the go. Additionally, the amp(/dac) should preferably be battery powered and have low enough output impendace for 32 ohm phones.

I've been looking at a few options: (in no particular order)
Jds C5D
Headstage Arrow 4g + Stoner UD110v2 (durability and availability: ?)
Leckerton Uha-6mkii or Uha4+UD110v2
Meier-audio pcstep (dac quality?) or Meier-audio 2step+UD110v2
Ibasso D42
Fiio E18
ifi nano series
or any other amp + dac combo in 250€ price range. (Feel free to suggest anything
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Thanks in advance for your help!

https://www.amazon.com/Cayin-Portable-Audio-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00OAPDHDI

https://www.amazon.com/OPPO-HA-2-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00UW0BP48

Users who are viewing this thread

Back